The Covid-19 pandemic has hit the hospitality industry hard, with many restaurants, pubs and other biker meeting places and food outlets being forced to close. Triumph has decided to launch their own version of ‘Eat Out to Help Out’, dubbed ‘ Ride Out to Help Out’, original. The campaign encourages bikers to get out and visit small businesses, including cafes, chip shops, pubs, ice cream vans and cake shops. I’m sold, even before Triumph suggested it!
Kicking off on the 6th of September, the message is simple, let’s ride out and eat cake, and ice cream and fry ups. Triumph dealers and three Triumphs Brand Ambassadors, Victoria Pendleton, George North, Maria Costello MBE, and George Clarke, have been nominating their favourite motorcycling destinations.
Not only are the famous Triumph riders suggesting their best breakfast spots, but you can too. A website has been set up where nominations can be registered, with every nominated business being promoted on the Triumph website and via their social media channels.
The last 18 months have affected us all in many ways. Now we’re able to ride freely with friends again, the Ride Out to Help Out campaign is a fantastic way of encouraging more bikers from further afield to visit the hidden gems that have been nominated. It’s time to grab our helmets and show our supportDevron Boulton, Triumph UK & Ireland General Manager
The campaign will run into 2022, giving plenty of opportunities for riders to venture further afield and sample more places. Current nominees include Koti Autotalli – Oxfordshire, Oily Rag – Gloucestershire, Woodchester Mansion – Gloucestershire, East Coast Gelato – Hunstanton, Baffle Haus – Pontypool, Bike Shed – London, Ryka’s Café -Surrey, Super Sausage Café – Northamptonshire. The full list of nominated venues can be found here.
- Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touringIf there’s one thing we’ve learnt throughout and after lockdown, it’s to get out more and enjoy what you want to do. This gave Gary and John the idea, of getting bikers together, and showing them the best roads they… Read More »Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touring
- The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?British roads are terrible, ok correction, the British road surface are terrible. It would be wrong to call the actual roads themselves bad because we are privileged to have some absolute gems stashed around the UK. For me, the issues… Read More »The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?
- New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!Pirelli celebrates its 150th birthday, and as part, they are releasing a new line of one of their best selling and performing tyre groups; the Diablo Rosso. The new Diablo Rosso Corsa, sees a higher grip even faster road-focused tyre… Read More »New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!
- Is Yamaha working on a new sportsbike for 2022?Over the past few years, with the CV-19 pandemic and spiralling costs, firms want to get the most reward from R&D costs; at first, I thought it was to keep things simple, but it also makes excellent business sense. This… Read More »Is Yamaha working on a new sportsbike for 2022?
- BeMoto Insurance giving away Panigale V4S!Motorcycle insurance specialist BeMoto has announced the launch of the new BeLotto competition, to win a Ducati Panigale V4S complete with a full selection of other prizes totalling over £10,000, in this free to enter competition. BeMoto insurance are relatively… Read More »BeMoto Insurance giving away Panigale V4S!
- Ducati launches ‘Ducati Unica’ programDucati has launched a new program called ‘Ducati Unica’, allowing customers, to customise their Ducati directly with the designers at Centro Stile Ducati making completely bespoke Ducati or Scrambler models. Ducati tests new Moto E project! With the skilled hands… Read More »Ducati launches ‘Ducati Unica’ program
- Gossiped Brabus 1300R spied!If you didn’t know, there is a rumoured shift believed to be going on inside KTM. The brand which also owns Husqvarna and Gas Gas motorcycles is reportedly shifting its products within its product lines. Road bikes are touted as… Read More »Gossiped Brabus 1300R spied!
- British Superbike Champion Tarran Mackenzie breaks ankle in a training accidentThe 2021 British Superbike champion Tarran Mackenzie has had a rough start to 2022 and his title defence, after falling from his R1 at the Cartagena Circuit, Spain, on Tuesday last week. Suffering a fracture at the base of the… Read More »British Superbike Champion Tarran Mackenzie breaks ankle in a training accident