The Covid-19 pandemic has hit the hospitality industry hard, with many restaurants, pubs and other biker meeting places and food outlets being forced to close. Triumph has decided to launch their own version of ‘Eat Out to Help Out’, dubbed ‘ Ride Out to Help Out’, original. The campaign encourages bikers to get out and visit small businesses, including cafes, chip shops, pubs, ice cream vans and cake shops. I’m sold, even before Triumph suggested it!
Kicking off on the 6th of September, the message is simple, let’s ride out and eat cake, and ice cream and fry ups. Triumph dealers and three Triumphs Brand Ambassadors, Victoria Pendleton, George North, Maria Costello MBE, and George Clarke, have been nominating their favourite motorcycling destinations.
Not only are the famous Triumph riders suggesting their best breakfast spots, but you can too. A website has been set up where nominations can be registered, with every nominated business being promoted on the Triumph website and via their social media channels.
The last 18 months have affected us all in many ways. Now we’re able to ride freely with friends again, the Ride Out to Help Out campaign is a fantastic way of encouraging more bikers from further afield to visit the hidden gems that have been nominated. It’s time to grab our helmets and show our supportDevron Boulton, Triumph UK & Ireland General Manager
The campaign will run into 2022, giving plenty of opportunities for riders to venture further afield and sample more places. Current nominees include Koti Autotalli – Oxfordshire, Oily Rag – Gloucestershire, Woodchester Mansion – Gloucestershire, East Coast Gelato – Hunstanton, Baffle Haus – Pontypool, Bike Shed – London, Ryka’s Café -Surrey, Super Sausage Café – Northamptonshire. The full list of nominated venues can be found here.
- WMC250EV continues on track to take electric speed record!It’s infrequent yet refreshing these days to find somebody straying from the norm and doing different, going off at tangents to everybody else, with a similar target in mind, radically thinking outside the box, for a new way to hit… Read More »WMC250EV continues on track to take electric speed record!
- Triumph motorcycles releases Speed Triple 1200RR: The most technically advanced Speed Triple yet!Since teaser images were released a few weeks ago, we knew Triumph was working on something sportier, with most hoping for a fully-faired Superbike slayer from the British firm. The teaser images showed a new sportier-looking front end and seat… Read More »Triumph motorcycles releases Speed Triple 1200RR: The most technically advanced Speed Triple yet!
- Triumph backs the struggling hospitality industry in new ‘Ride out to help out campaign.’The Covid-19 pandemic has hit the hospitality industry hard, with many restaurants, pubs and other biker meeting places and food outlets being forced to close. Triumph has decided to launch their own version of ‘Eat Out to Help Out’, dubbed… Read More »Triumph backs the struggling hospitality industry in new ‘Ride out to help out campaign.’
- What is E10 fuel and can I use E10 in my bike?Dubbed the biggest change to petrol forecourts since 4star was dropped back in 2000, the new E10 (10% ethanol) petrol grade could have a huge impact to all motorists. We all use petrol (bar electric bikers), and with petrol making… Read More »What is E10 fuel and can I use E10 in my bike?
- The KTM motocross experienceIt’s nine in the morning on a grey day in August. My Sat Nav is sending me down the most obscure back roads in West Sussex, for some reason known only to Google maps. Turning into a light industrial estate… Read More »The KTM motocross experience
- ProBolt celebrates the British GP weekend with a sale!Uk premium fastener manufacturer ProBolt is celebrating the British Moto GP round a Silverstone by offering a massive discount range on Aluminium and Titanium fasteners with 15% off orders over £50, 20% off orders over £75 and a massive 25%… Read More »ProBolt celebrates the British GP weekend with a sale!
- RiMS Racing Steam code giveaway!To celebrate the release of the band new RiMS Racing game I’ve been given three codes to download the game for free off steam! All you have to do is sign up for our newsletter (below) and give us a… Read More »RiMS Racing Steam code giveaway!
- BMW R1250GS reviewBeing a sports bike purist, I’ve never understood the appeal of some of these large adventure bikes. They are big, heavy, comfortable and built for doing everything I’m uncomfortable with, i.e. adventuring on mud. That being said, the BMW R1200GS… Read More »BMW R1250GS review