Pirelli celebrates its 150th birthday, and as part, they are releasing a new line of one of their best selling and performing tyre groups; the Diablo Rosso. The new Diablo Rosso Corsa, sees a higher grip even faster road-focused tyre than the Diablo Rosso 4, using Bi-Compound construction on both front and rear tyres, with fewer treads and a true racing-inspired construction thanks to Pirelli’s work with World and British Superbike programs.
The existing Diablo Rosso 4 tyre from Pirelli was released in 2021, and completely shook things up. New construction processes, compounds, tread design and shape profile, instantly made the new DR4 a great tyre, and personally, I loved it. New for 2022, sees Pirelli launch the Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa, the sportiest tyre in the Diablo Rosso family.
Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa; A little bit more fast road focused
The new Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa is a limited edition tyre, emblazoned with a logo celebrating Pirelli’s 150th anniversary, designed for riders who need the extra grip to fully utilise their machine can do. The new slicker design of the tread gives even more dry grip, as the reduction of some wet grip, but gives a better more stable footprint, combined with new compounds which also increase the grip levels. This new tread pattern gives a 25% lower void/fill ratio vs the Diablo Rosso 4, making the shoulders slicker and therefore grippier.
The central band which features the trademark lightning shape, ensures stability, water evacuation and even stress giving good wear rates and milage. while the slick shoulders give maximum grip when you need it; while at lean.
New compounds of rubber give the front and rear more grip, with the front tyre’s central band using a full silica compound up to 25degrees of lean, at which point the softer shoulder silica compound takes over. The difference in compound gives the rider more feedback and better grip. The new rear tyres also feature a full silica band in the centre, allowing quick warmup for more chemical grip under all conditions, whereas the shoulders use a 100% carbon black recipe, deriving straight from the Diablo Supercorsa SC tyres used by the pros in BSB and World Superbike. This new rubber has been designed to handle the increased torque generated by the latest generation superbikes and hypernakeds.
How are motorcycle tyres getting better?
Improvements in modern types of machinery and the electrical packages on them, has always been hard work for tyre manufacturers. Pirelli’s new zero degree steel belts, allow these systems to work optimally without compromise. The carcass structure has increased rigidity by 20%, by using 20% less material, without increasing weight, therefore allowing more rubber.
The new Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa tyre is available in 110 and 120 17inch front tyre sizes, and from a 150/60/17 up to a 200/60/17 rear sizing. The Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa price is not yet known, I’d imagine it to be more than the standard Diablo Rosso 4, but cheaper than a full-blown Supercorsa.
- Ben’s training log week 1.Weekly Stats: Rides: 2 Time trial (12km long) Negative Split and Zone 2 recovery (8km)Runs: 2 (Couch to 5k week 2, run 1 and week 1 run 3)Other activities: Indoor Bouldering & Rock Climbing I’m not the fastest out there,… Read More »Ben’s training log week 1.
- Duathlon Traning log #1If you follow us on Twitter, you’ll see that I’ve signed up to do the Darley more Sprint Duathlon at the end of September, raising funds for Luke’s Legacy- Docbike Staffordshire. On a whim, I’ve always wanted to do a… Read More »Duathlon Traning log #1
- Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touringIf there’s one thing we’ve learnt throughout and after lockdown, it’s to get out more and enjoy what you want to do. This gave Gary and John the idea, of getting bikers together, and showing them the best roads they… Read More »Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touring
- The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?British roads are terrible, ok correction, the British road surface are terrible. It would be wrong to call the actual roads themselves bad because we are privileged to have some absolute gems stashed around the UK. For me, the issues… Read More »The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?
- New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!Pirelli celebrates its 150th birthday, and as part, they are releasing a new line of one of their best selling and performing tyre groups; the Diablo Rosso. The new Diablo Rosso Corsa, sees a higher grip even faster road-focused tyre… Read More »New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!