It’s probably no surprise to hear the news that Triumph are working and developing a new ‘Comprehensive’ range of competition Motocross and Enduro motorcycles. Focusing on making competition MX and Enduro machinery brings a full Triumph race program aiming at taking the crown in the top tiers of championship racing.
Commitment to winning starts with people, so Triumph has bought on board Motocross superstar Ricky Carmichael and five-time Enduro world champion Ivan Cervantes. This pairing has so much experience, so will help with bike testing and the preparation for racing.
While we have no timeline or indication on what the models will be or look like, we can take a good guess from the top classes of Motocross and enduro for hints. Hopefully, more information comes over the next few months!
Today’s announcement marks the beginning of a new chapter for the Triumph brand, which everyone at Triumph is incredibly excited to be part of. We are 100% committed to making a long-lasting impact in this highly competitive and demanding world, with a single-minded ambition to deliver a winning motorcycle line-up for a whole new generation of Triumph ridersNick Bloor: CEO Triumph Motorcycles Ltd
Of course, if you are a fan of Motocross, Ricky Carmichael needs no introduction. The GOAT of Motocross and Hall of Famer is the greatest racer of all time, notching up 15 championships, with two perfect seasons and a further five supercross championships, since turning pro at 17. Voted AMA rider of the year for five seasons, a feat voted on by the other riders in the paddock. Since retirement, his focus has switched to team management and winning championships as a team owner. Also, a dab hand at designing the Daytona Supercross tracks, commentary for Supercross events and now this deal with Triumph.
I am thrilled to announce that I am joining the Triumph family and even more excited to be a part of their new endeavour into the off-road product category.
This is an incredible opportunity for me to join this historic brand, and I am honoured and humbled to be a part of the development and release of their off-road motorcycles. Building something from the ground up is something that really is intriguing to me at this stage of my career. What is impressive to me is Triumph’s dedication, and passion to develop a top of the class product. Everyone that I have been involved with in this project from the engineers, design groups, R&D dept., etc., have shown extreme passion for what they are doing and that is a recipe for success and something that I love being a part of. We all share that same passion, and that’s to be the best.
If you are familiar with the Triumph brand, you already know the quality of craftsmanship is top shelf, and the off-road models will follow suit to their past! Not only are these exciting times for me, but it’s an exciting time for the off-road industry to be adding another brand to the mix and the opportunities that lie ahead for all off-road consumers. I can’t wait to see the reactions when these models hit the dealer’s showroom floors.”Ricky Carmichael
Iván Cervantes, AKA El Torito, began his career in Motocross, winning five national titles, before switching to Enduro becoming the first Spanish EnduroGP E1 champion. Winning a further three world titles, an FIM indoor Enduro World Cup title, and an overall winner of the international six days Enduro. After his Enduro Career, Cervantes switched to the Dakar rally entering three times and finishing twice. Following his successful career, Ivan continued to become the Spanish Enduro sports manager, looking after juniors and the tracks they practice on.
I have loved Triumph motorcycles right from being a small kid, seeing them in films and on television. So to be working with Triumph from the beginning of this project, is an amazing opportunity for me, not just because it is working with one of the world’s greatest motorcycle brands, but also for being part of building something from zero. It is a dream come true for any racer!
Like me, everyone I am working with at Triumph is focused to make the bikes the best they can be. I cannot wait to see the bikes competing at a world level, but I also look forward to when I can stand in a Triumph dealer and know I was part of this very special project.Iván Cervantes
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso 4 reviewAs hot as Hell, Pirelli’s tagline for the brand new Diablo Rosso 4 is new for 2021 tyre. I haven’t been to Hell yet, but I’ve been to Greece, and that was pretty hot. It’s an interesting tagline that fits… Read More »Pirelli Diablo Rosso 4 review
- Triumph Motorcycles announces new off-road product ranges!It’s probably no surprise to hear the news that Triumph are working and developing a new ‘Comprehensive’ range of competition Motocross and Enduro motorcycles. Focusing on making competition MX and Enduro machinery brings a full Triumph race program aiming at… Read More »Triumph Motorcycles announces new off-road product ranges!
- New KTM RC8C, orange track-ready beast!We have been asking KTM for years now to make a road-going sportsbike. You know take the wealth of experience and knowledge gained from the MotoGP project and make something road legal (and orange) to slay the likes of the… Read More »New KTM RC8C, orange track-ready beast!
- Short: Allen Millyard’s V10 Viper powered motorcycleDigging through the archives has provided some footage captured for the Pagent of Power, of Allen’s V10 Dodge Viper powered motorcycle. Effectively his take on the Dodge Tomahawk, except road legal and frequently ridden. The Dodge Viper V10 engine produces… Read More »Short: Allen Millyard’s V10 Viper powered motorcycle
- Warwick Moto unveil ‘Frontier’ electric motorcycle with support from NortonA group of 13 students from WMG, University of Warwick, and leading academics, engineers, and researchers have developed a new cutting-edge electric motorcycle. The Frontier has been developed, and the latest version runs a modified Norton frame and a first… Read More »Warwick Moto unveil ‘Frontier’ electric motorcycle with support from Norton