It’s probably no surprise to hear the news that Triumph are working and developing a new ‘Comprehensive’ range of competition Motocross and Enduro motorcycles. Focusing on making competition MX and Enduro machinery brings a full Triumph race program aiming at taking the crown in the top tiers of championship racing.
Commitment to winning starts with people, so Triumph has bought on board Motocross superstar Ricky Carmichael and five-time Enduro world champion Ivan Cervantes. This pairing has so much experience, so will help with bike testing and the preparation for racing.
While we have no timeline or indication on what the models will be or look like, we can take a good guess from the top classes of Motocross and enduro for hints. Hopefully, more information comes over the next few months!
Today’s announcement marks the beginning of a new chapter for the Triumph brand, which everyone at Triumph is incredibly excited to be part of. We are 100% committed to making a long-lasting impact in this highly competitive and demanding world, with a single-minded ambition to deliver a winning motorcycle line-up for a whole new generation of Triumph ridersNick Bloor: CEO Triumph Motorcycles Ltd
Of course, if you are a fan of Motocross, Ricky Carmichael needs no introduction. The GOAT of Motocross and Hall of Famer is the greatest racer of all time, notching up 15 championships, with two perfect seasons and a further five supercross championships, since turning pro at 17. Voted AMA rider of the year for five seasons, a feat voted on by the other riders in the paddock. Since retirement, his focus has switched to team management and winning championships as a team owner. Also, a dab hand at designing the Daytona Supercross tracks, commentary for Supercross events and now this deal with Triumph.
I am thrilled to announce that I am joining the Triumph family and even more excited to be a part of their new endeavour into the off-road product category.
This is an incredible opportunity for me to join this historic brand, and I am honoured and humbled to be a part of the development and release of their off-road motorcycles. Building something from the ground up is something that really is intriguing to me at this stage of my career. What is impressive to me is Triumph’s dedication, and passion to develop a top of the class product. Everyone that I have been involved with in this project from the engineers, design groups, R&D dept., etc., have shown extreme passion for what they are doing and that is a recipe for success and something that I love being a part of. We all share that same passion, and that’s to be the best.
If you are familiar with the Triumph brand, you already know the quality of craftsmanship is top shelf, and the off-road models will follow suit to their past! Not only are these exciting times for me, but it’s an exciting time for the off-road industry to be adding another brand to the mix and the opportunities that lie ahead for all off-road consumers. I can’t wait to see the reactions when these models hit the dealer’s showroom floors.”Ricky Carmichael
Iván Cervantes, AKA El Torito, began his career in Motocross, winning five national titles, before switching to Enduro becoming the first Spanish EnduroGP E1 champion. Winning a further three world titles, an FIM indoor Enduro World Cup title, and an overall winner of the international six days Enduro. After his Enduro Career, Cervantes switched to the Dakar rally entering three times and finishing twice. Following his successful career, Ivan continued to become the Spanish Enduro sports manager, looking after juniors and the tracks they practice on.
I have loved Triumph motorcycles right from being a small kid, seeing them in films and on television. So to be working with Triumph from the beginning of this project, is an amazing opportunity for me, not just because it is working with one of the world’s greatest motorcycle brands, but also for being part of building something from zero. It is a dream come true for any racer!
Like me, everyone I am working with at Triumph is focused to make the bikes the best they can be. I cannot wait to see the bikes competing at a world level, but I also look forward to when I can stand in a Triumph dealer and know I was part of this very special project.Iván Cervantes
- How much does a Euro trackday really cost?Motorcycling isn’t a cheap hobby, regardless of what aspect you do. From riding on the road to track days, Motocross, trials, or even just watching, it takes a lot of hard-earned to get started. With the rapidly worsening road conditions,… Read More »How much does a Euro trackday really cost?
- WMC250EV continues on track to take electric speed record!It’s infrequent yet refreshing these days to find somebody straying from the norm and doing different, going off at tangents to everybody else, with a similar target in mind, radically thinking outside the box, for a new way to hit… Read More »WMC250EV continues on track to take electric speed record!
- Triumph motorcycles releases Speed Triple 1200RR: The most technically advanced Speed Triple yet!Since teaser images were released a few weeks ago, we knew Triumph was working on something sportier, with most hoping for a fully-faired Superbike slayer from the British firm. The teaser images showed a new sportier-looking front end and seat… Read More »Triumph motorcycles releases Speed Triple 1200RR: The most technically advanced Speed Triple yet!
- Triumph backs the struggling hospitality industry in new ‘Ride out to help out campaign.’The Covid-19 pandemic has hit the hospitality industry hard, with many restaurants, pubs and other biker meeting places and food outlets being forced to close. Triumph has decided to launch their own version of ‘Eat Out to Help Out’, dubbed… Read More »Triumph backs the struggling hospitality industry in new ‘Ride out to help out campaign.’
- What is E10 fuel and can I use E10 in my bike?Dubbed the biggest change to petrol forecourts since 4star was dropped back in 2000, the new E10 (10% ethanol) petrol grade could have a huge impact to all motorists. We all use petrol (bar electric bikers), and with petrol making… Read More »What is E10 fuel and can I use E10 in my bike?