Firstly, for us, it’s been a bumper year and despite the ongoing pandemic. We’ve broken last year’s record year and set a new yearly record for visitors to the website. This can’t be done without you, our readers, so from both of us, thank you.
2021 brings us the opportunity to better 2020, with more focus on creating the best content we can. We are aiming to get back into YouTube, and to continue making the best website articles, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram content we can.
Despite the current situation, it’s been a bumper year, and we can’t thank the people, and brands, who we have worked with this year. Hopefully, we can continue in 2021 and have another bumper year. Cheers!
Here’s a rundown of the big 2020 news!
2020 has posed a challenge for the motorcycle industry as a whole, with dealerships temporarily closing, and much the same for hospitality areas for motorcyclists. Racing has been behind closed doors, which has forced fans to begrudgingly watch from a distance. We both hope that in 2021 this starts to return to normal, and we can get back to enjoying motorcycling.
Figures from the MCIA shows that the numbers of bikers and people taking up biking have increased. Incentives like Bennetts Ride Free campaign has offered 90 free CBT places, which is great for new prospective riders. The entry for this scheme ends on 31st January 2021, so get applying!
Despite the struggles, as a motorcyclist and person who writes about motorcycles, 2020 has been an interesting year. Manufacturers of bikes, accessories and gear have been releasing new products left, right and centre.
2021 brings new bikes
We can’t wait to get our hands on some of the new models being released, the likes of the Ducati V4 Multistrada, the new Triumph Tiger 850 sport, the Trident, BMW’s new S1000R and the new Kawasaki Ninja ZX10RR.
2021’s new gear also seems highly promising, with the new Arai Quantic helmet, RST’s new Podium Airbag suit, to name only a few.
Once again, thank you for the support in 2020, see you in 2021!
- Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touringIf there’s one thing we’ve learnt throughout and after lockdown, it’s to get out more and enjoy what you want to do. This gave Gary and John the idea, of getting bikers together, and showing them the best roads they know, combining that with tours to the best local attractions, eating the best local food,… Read More »Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touring
- The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?British roads are terrible, ok correction, the British road surface are terrible. It would be wrong to call the actual roads themselves bad because we are privileged to have some absolute gems stashed around the UK. For me, the issues lie with the state of the tarmac and it seems to be getting worse every… Read More »The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?
- New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!Pirelli celebrates its 150th birthday, and as part, they are releasing a new line of one of their best selling and performing tyre groups; the Diablo Rosso. The new Diablo Rosso Corsa, sees a higher grip even faster road-focused tyre than the Diablo Rosso 4, using Bi-Compound construction on both front and rear tyres, with… Read More »New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!
- Is Yamaha working on a new sportsbike for 2022?Over the past few years, with the CV-19 pandemic and spiralling costs, firms want to get the most reward from R&D costs; at first, I thought it was to keep things simple, but it also makes excellent business sense. This process is not new, it’s been going on for decades, but it’s now even more… Read More »Is Yamaha working on a new sportsbike for 2022?
- BeMoto Insurance giving away Panigale V4S!Motorcycle insurance specialist BeMoto has announced the launch of the new BeLotto competition, to win a Ducati Panigale V4S complete with a full selection of other prizes totalling over £10,000, in this free to enter competition. BeMoto insurance are relatively new, starting in 2015, but with over 50 years of experience in the financial services… Read More »BeMoto Insurance giving away Panigale V4S!