Arai has added the new Quantic helmet to their extensive helmet range, the range which already had something for everyone. The new Quantic looks primarily aimed at the sports touring market, looking like a possible replacement to the Chaser-X, although possibly a little less track orientated, but firmly slap bang in the middle of the range.
Despite being in the game since dinosaurs walked among us, Arai is not scared of doing new things. They never fail to add something every year, and last year launched the brand new Arai Debut.
Completely new venting on the Quantic
The new for 2021 Quantic features a 3-D logo vent on the forehead, a rear spoiler on the back, and of course Arai’s pioneering glancing off shape and technology to the shell.
This technology uses a minimal exterior with a rounded shape, effectively allowing minimal opportunities to dig in.
This allows the helmet to skid over the object, lessening the impact forces transferred to the wearer. The shell uses Arai’s hard Peripherally Belted e-Complex Laminate (PB e-cLc) construction with a soft EPS liner, designed completely from scratch to maximise airflow.
Trademark Arai custom fitting
As normal with Arai the fit is completely customisable to the wearer, and the Quantic has ear cups which can be removed for speaker drivers. The profile of the helmet has been made flatter to help with mounting of Bluetooth devices.
Whilst the Quantic is nowhere near as racey as the RX-7V, it does have lots of venting and a fixed spoiler to the rear of the helmet. The forehead vent comes under the 3D logo with an open and close slider, and also has two NACA duct styled inlets providing more ventilation to the helmet.
The iconic visor ratchet mechanism covers and visor vents remain, and the visor itself is pinlock ready, to be fog-free. The Quantic is the first Arai to beat the newly updated and rigorous ECE22.06 approval, which adds to every helmet Arai tests in house.
Quantic has Double D fastening!
Fastening comes with a Double-D mechanism, and there is the Emergency cheekpad release system installed. There is an incorporated breath guard, and chin curtain to keep air away from the visor.
With a price of £600, it seems to be right in the middle of Arai’s range, a good price for a quality helmet. Colours are available with yellow, blue, red and grey on black backgrounds in the ‘Face’ model, red/white on black in the Snake model or a solid white in the Diamond model which is £100 cheaper than the colour models. Hopefully, we can get hold of one in 2021 to give you a review.
- Qatar vs Doha: Winners and Losers of the Opening Double HeaderIt’s race week! Soon we will be revisiting the rollercoaster at Portimao, and even more exciting: the King is coming back! Yes, Marc Marquez has been declared fit to race this week and Friday will be the very first time he’s seen on his beloved RC213V since that traumatic crash in the opening round of… Read More »Qatar vs Doha: Winners and Losers of the Opening Double Header
- Marc Marquez set for 2021 Portimão returnIt’s been weird without him, but four months on from his latest surgery Marc Marquez has been cleared by doctors, ready for his Moto GP return. His incident at the Jerez season opener in 2020, lead to suffering from an infected pseudoarthrosis of the right humerus (infected fusion site, right upper arm), after multiple surgeries which… Read More »Marc Marquez set for 2021 Portimão return
- KTM’s Superduke RR sold out in 48 minutesAre you one of the lucky 500 who managed to bag a KTM Superduke RR pre-order? Probably not, but the ultra-limited edition Superduke RR comes as the new, flagship model hooligan bike for the street. KTM opened up the online portal for pre-orders, for the first come first served style registration, and also offered the… Read More »KTM’s Superduke RR sold out in 48 minutes
- Suzuki drops GSXS1000 Teaser Wings and BlingI liked the GSXF1000, basically the same as the GSXS just with more a bit more fairing. I had one for a few days not so long ago, and even in the short period of time I had it, it came across as a great bike. The weather was freezing, and wet, during winter the… Read More »Suzuki drops GSXS1000 Teaser Wings and Bling
- KTM 1290 Superduke RR: Road legal track bikeIt’s not uncommon for manufacturers to produce limited quantity special edition bikes, Aprilia did it with the ‘X’ Bikes, MV Agusta does it, Ducati makes limited-edition versions with the Lamborgini collaboration on the Diavel the latest. These models which sell out quickly and at an increased price must keep the accountants happy, allowing the engineers… Read More »KTM 1290 Superduke RR: Road legal track bike