I liked the GSXF1000, basically the same as the GSXS just with more a bit more fairing. I had one for a few days not so long ago, and even in the short period of time I had it, it came across as a great bike. The weather was freezing, and wet, during winter the roads were caked in mud but I still had multiple rides which I thoroughly enjoyed, and the tyres were steaming. A great balance of power, comfort and handling, but despite being a big Suzuki fan, things have got a little…stagnant. The old GSXS1000 was an oddball, too much power to be just a naked roadster, but not enough to be a true modern hypernaked, like a V4 Streetfighter or ZH2. Of course, the boundaries have shifted substantially since it’s introduction in 2015, but Suzuki hasn’t really brought anything new to the table, arguably since then. Sure there’s been small tweeks to models, but nothing groundbreaking.
Just build us the bike we want…
The old GSXS was essentially a K8 GSXR (some say the best version) with re-tune, updates to fueling, emissions and a comfier riding position. Surely I and you are sitting here hoping Suzuki has done this with the new model, take the 2017-2021 L7 200hp gixer, keep the fancy dash, electronics package, Showa Big piston forks, and that caged animal engine and just put less bodywork, upright bars and a comfier seat. WE WANT THIS. It makes sense, Ducati makes the V4 streetfighter cheaper than the actual V4S, by 5 bags of sand. Just for less fairings and plastics. Do the maths if Suzuki sells GSXRR models at £17k, then I mean it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out how affordable that Hypernaked would be. And appealing too.
Teasing youtube teaser…
As if out of nowhere Suzuki dropped a bombshell on their global youtube channel. The new teased GSXS1000, and well it doesn’t really show much. What we can see is Gold suspension stations with visible adjusters on top, so that possibly rules out the Showa BPF off the GSXR, unless there are multiple spec bikes. The dash looks like the digital version featured on the GSXR1000, which quickly got ushered onto the Katana, V-Strom 1050, and the new Hayabusa. We get an endurance style front headlight with the triple light stacked vertically, and we see very angular bodywork with what look like mini wings, and wide fairings and a new tank. It looks like LED lighting, I would be surprised if it isn’t. The date given for the next reveal is 26th April, so we are sat ready and waiting to find out more.
- Qatar vs Doha: Winners and Losers of the Opening Double HeaderIt’s race week! Soon we will be revisiting the rollercoaster at Portimao, and even more exciting: the King is coming back! Yes, Marc Marquez has been declared fit to race this week and Friday will be the very first time… Read More »Qatar vs Doha: Winners and Losers of the Opening Double Header
- Marc Marquez set for 2021 Portimão returnIt’s been weird without him, but four months on from his latest surgery Marc Marquez has been cleared by doctors, ready for his Moto GP return. His incident at the Jerez season opener in 2020, lead to suffering from an infected… Read More »Marc Marquez set for 2021 Portimão return
- KTM’s Superduke RR sold out in 48 minutesAre you one of the lucky 500 who managed to bag a KTM Superduke RR pre-order? Probably not, but the ultra-limited edition Superduke RR comes as the new, flagship model hooligan bike for the street. KTM opened up the online… Read More »KTM’s Superduke RR sold out in 48 minutes
- Suzuki drops GSXS1000 Teaser Wings and BlingI liked the GSXF1000, basically the same as the GSXS just with more a bit more fairing. I had one for a few days not so long ago, and even in the short period of time I had it, it… Read More »Suzuki drops GSXS1000 Teaser Wings and Bling
- KTM 1290 Superduke RR: Road legal track bikeIt’s not uncommon for manufacturers to produce limited quantity special edition bikes, Aprilia did it with the ‘X’ Bikes, MV Agusta does it, Ducati makes limited-edition versions with the Lamborgini collaboration on the Diavel the latest. These models which sell… Read More »KTM 1290 Superduke RR: Road legal track bike