Brand new for 2022 is the Michelin Road 6 tyre, evolving the already popular and successful Road 5, designed for riders who like to ride in all weathers and seasons and expect good tyre life. The Road series of tyres has always been spectacular in the wet, and the new Road 6 is no exception. Designed for all bikes from sportbikes through to touring and GT bikes, with the new Road 6 and Road 6 GT versions.
Of course, Michelin supply the Moto GP championship, giving great feedback and data from the best riders in the world for their race tyres, which technology filters down to us everyday riders.
Michelin Road 6 tread pattern
Claims the new Road 6 have 15% more wet grip over the outgoing Road 5 tyre, thanks to a new Silica compound, and tread pattern, Michelin Water Evergrip technology. This coupled with a 10% increase in tyre life and an optimised void ratio (ratio of tread groove to tyre surface) for both wet and dry conditions. As with the previous Road 5 and Power RS tyres, the tyre maintains the same wet grip as the tyre wears. New grooves and sipes cut through standing water, maintaining grip.
The revised compounds improve grip in colder temperatures, wetter roads, with the first application of Michelin’s 2CT+ technology to the front tyre, giving more feedback and stability when entering corners. The revised, denser and more rigid casing, Michelin claims increases stability and feedback, and Aramid tread plies resist growth from centrifugal speed forces, reduce the weight of the plies, and reduce the overall weight of the tyre.
The new range consists of 6 front tyre sizes and 8 rears, with the GT version in 1 front and 3 rear sizes. This provides a broad spectrum covering everything from smaller cc trail bikes, lightweight roadsters, more powerful sportbikes and even large GT and touring machinery. From 17″ to 19″ sizes and from 120 fronts and up to 190 rear tyre sizes. No information on price as yet, however prices around £260 would be a conservative estimate for a 120/180 combo.
- Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touringIf there’s one thing we’ve learnt throughout and after lockdown, it’s to get out more and enjoy what you want to do. This gave Gary and John the idea, of getting bikers together, and showing them the best roads they… Read More »Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touring
- The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?British roads are terrible, ok correction, the British road surface are terrible. It would be wrong to call the actual roads themselves bad because we are privileged to have some absolute gems stashed around the UK. For me, the issues… Read More »The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?
- New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!Pirelli celebrates its 150th birthday, and as part, they are releasing a new line of one of their best selling and performing tyre groups; the Diablo Rosso. The new Diablo Rosso Corsa, sees a higher grip even faster road-focused tyre… Read More »New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!
- Is Yamaha working on a new sportsbike for 2022?Over the past few years, with the CV-19 pandemic and spiralling costs, firms want to get the most reward from R&D costs; at first, I thought it was to keep things simple, but it also makes excellent business sense. This… Read More »Is Yamaha working on a new sportsbike for 2022?
- BeMoto Insurance giving away Panigale V4S!Motorcycle insurance specialist BeMoto has announced the launch of the new BeLotto competition, to win a Ducati Panigale V4S complete with a full selection of other prizes totalling over £10,000, in this free to enter competition. BeMoto insurance are relatively… Read More »BeMoto Insurance giving away Panigale V4S!