You probably won’t recognise the name unless you are a massive motorcycle nerd (like me), or a massive EV nerd (not me) or both. Canadian firm Damon took the market by storm offering what they call the safest motorcycle on the market but also adding true superbike performance, a long battery range, and adjustable riding geometry. It all sounds too good to be true right? Well, reservations were taken, money was made, additional funding was secured, prototypes built and tested and hopefully, models will be delivered in 2022. Things are going so well they even announced a new Hyperfighter colossus model.
With the internal combustion bans looming in the future, it’s not only big manufacturers getting onto the EV wagon but also small tech with big hopes and ambitions. The Damon Hypersport was first announced back in 2019, promising a 200hp electric motor, a 200 plus mile range and 200mph capability, for the sum of around £30,000 for the top of the range model. This price does drop considerably when going to smaller ‘engines’ of 100hp (£13,000) or 150hp (£15,000).
Not just exquisite performance figures promised, Damon also wanted to make a safe to ride a bike, with the aim of having zero crashes, thanks to 360degree view and predictive AI, working together to anticipate and avoid trouble.
Also, Damon’s Shift technology allows the riding geometry to change, from a commuter position to a more sporty position, comfy on the way to the corners, and sporty during them, the best of both worlds.
While pictures of the new Hyperfighter colossus model remain sparse with only a black silhouette, but the spec list gives us a top speed of 170mph, 146mile range, and the same 200hp performance as the hypersport. It also lists the same Ohlins suspension, Brembo brakes and single-sided swingarm as the top of the range Hypersport model. The list price states $35,000 or £26,000. These are of a limited edition of 100 units, and also feature the same tech as the Hypersport. The Damon HyperFighter will be officially released at CES (Consumer Electronics Show) on Jan 5th 2022 in Las Vegas. You can secure yours for a fully refundable $250 deposit.
The HyperFighter Colossus motorcycle redefines the streetfighter category with a powerfully-charged limited edition model. The HyperFighter is a stripped-down demon of a bike that is not for the faint of heart, so that riders can fight traffic, fight gas, and fight compromise. We’re excited to give the naked sports bike fanatic everything they want, coupled with the unrivaled technological features found only on Damon bikes. Only 100 HyperFighter Colossus motorcycles will hit the road, making them highly coveted.Jay Giraud – Co-Founder and CEO, Damon Motors
This comes amidst a great time for Damon, who secured an additional $30m of funding, announced expansion plans into Europe and a massive new manufacturing facility in Surrey, British Columbia. The firm generated $45m in Hypersport orders, and have been awarded 6 patents for technology featured on the bikes. All in all the future looks very positive.
- Ben’s training log week 1.Weekly Stats: Rides: 2 Time trial (12km long) Negative Split and Zone 2 recovery (8km)Runs: 2 (Couch to 5k week 2, run 1 and week 1 run 3)Other activities: Indoor Bouldering & Rock Climbing I’m not the fastest out there,… Read More »Ben’s training log week 1.
- Duathlon Traning log #1If you follow us on Twitter, you’ll see that I’ve signed up to do the Darley more Sprint Duathlon at the end of September, raising funds for Luke’s Legacy- Docbike Staffordshire. On a whim, I’ve always wanted to do a… Read More »Duathlon Traning log #1
- Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touringIf there’s one thing we’ve learnt throughout and after lockdown, it’s to get out more and enjoy what you want to do. This gave Gary and John the idea, of getting bikers together, and showing them the best roads they… Read More »Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touring
- The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?British roads are terrible, ok correction, the British road surface are terrible. It would be wrong to call the actual roads themselves bad because we are privileged to have some absolute gems stashed around the UK. For me, the issues… Read More »The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?
- New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!Pirelli celebrates its 150th birthday, and as part, they are releasing a new line of one of their best selling and performing tyre groups; the Diablo Rosso. The new Diablo Rosso Corsa, sees a higher grip even faster road-focused tyre… Read More »New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!