You probably won’t recognise the name unless you are a massive motorcycle nerd (like me), or a massive EV nerd (not me) or both. Canadian firm Damon took the market by storm offering what they call the safest motorcycle on the market but also adding true superbike performance, a long battery range, and adjustable riding geometry. It all sounds too good to be true right? Well, reservations were taken, money was made, additional funding was secured, prototypes built and tested and hopefully, models will be delivered in 2022. Things are going so well they even announced a new Hyperfighter colossus model.
With the internal combustion bans looming in the future, it’s not only big manufacturers getting onto the EV wagon but also small tech with big hopes and ambitions. The Damon Hypersport was first announced back in 2019, promising a 200hp electric motor, a 200 plus mile range and 200mph capability, for the sum of around £30,000 for the top of the range model. This price does drop considerably when going to smaller ‘engines’ of 100hp (£13,000) or 150hp (£15,000).
Not just exquisite performance figures promised, Damon also wanted to make a safe to ride a bike, with the aim of having zero crashes, thanks to 360degree view and predictive AI, working together to anticipate and avoid trouble.
Also, Damon’s Shift technology allows the riding geometry to change, from a commuter position to a more sporty position, comfy on the way to the corners, and sporty during them, the best of both worlds.
While pictures of the new Hyperfighter colossus model remain sparse with only a black silhouette, but the spec list gives us a top speed of 170mph, 146mile range, and the same 200hp performance as the hypersport. It also lists the same Ohlins suspension, Brembo brakes and single-sided swingarm as the top of the range Hypersport model. The list price states $35,000 or £26,000. These are of a limited edition of 100 units, and also feature the same tech as the Hypersport. The Damon HyperFighter will be officially released at CES (Consumer Electronics Show) on Jan 5th 2022 in Las Vegas. You can secure yours for a fully refundable $250 deposit.
The HyperFighter Colossus motorcycle redefines the streetfighter category with a powerfully-charged limited edition model. The HyperFighter is a stripped-down demon of a bike that is not for the faint of heart, so that riders can fight traffic, fight gas, and fight compromise. We’re excited to give the naked sports bike fanatic everything they want, coupled with the unrivaled technological features found only on Damon bikes. Only 100 HyperFighter Colossus motorcycles will hit the road, making them highly coveted.Jay Giraud – Co-Founder and CEO, Damon Motors
This comes amidst a great time for Damon, who secured an additional $30m of funding, announced expansion plans into Europe and a massive new manufacturing facility in Surrey, British Columbia. The firm generated $45m in Hypersport orders, and have been awarded 6 patents for technology featured on the bikes. All in all the future looks very positive.
- British Superbike Champion Tarran Mackenzie breaks ankle in a training accidentThe 2021 British Superbike champion Tarran Mackenzie has had a rough start to 2022 and his title defence, after falling from his R1 at the Cartagena Circuit, Spain, on Tuesday last week. Suffering a fracture at the base of the… Read More »British Superbike Champion Tarran Mackenzie breaks ankle in a training accident
- National Highways revises best practices for road design with motorcyclists in mindThe motorcycle working group, set up by Highways England in 2015 has put together creative input to the National Highways to make the UK road network safer for motorcyclists. This group provides specialist info and briefings to the needs of… Read More »National Highways revises best practices for road design with motorcyclists in mind
- North Wales’ A542 Horseshoe pass gets 40mph limit change!The firm biker favourite meeting location, with a decent cafe, huge slabs of cake, and of course a naturally great ride up there has now had a 40mph speed limit change approved. Local councillors are said to be “Delighted” at… Read More »North Wales’ A542 Horseshoe pass gets 40mph limit change!
- Unveiling: Gresini RacingThe iconic Gresini name is coming back to MotoGP as a full-fledged satellite team outfit, after years of sponsoring the Aprilia brand. Of course, Gresini have an impressive pedigree as a standalone satellite team, most notably in their involvement with… Read More »Unveiling: Gresini Racing
- No Limits trackdays brings in back protector ruleLast year, UK track day provider No limits and circuit operator MSV brought in the mandatory brake lever guard rule for all track day participants, and rightly so. For 2022, No limits trackdays and MSV are also making back protectors… Read More »No Limits trackdays brings in back protector rule