Full tank founder Scott Wilson asks, “Why then when it comes to apparel, do we only have a choice from ‘for-profit’ manufacturers?”. “Full Tank looks to challenge that landscape and become a global brand motorcyclist feel not only delivers a great product, but gives back to their health and that of fellow riders at the same time. It’s a way to roll with purpose, every day.”
Scott says “It was just one of those horrible weeks when on Monday morning a good friend broke the news of his child’s suicide. A teenager with seemingly everything ahead was, without anyone’s knowledge, suffering from depression. The afternoon delivered equally sad news when learning of an old school friend who had also taken his life. But it wasn’t until later the same week when another friend said his motorcycle was to be sold to pay the bills, when I appreciated I wasn’t the only guy feeling helpless at times. The wheels in my head started to turn.
Everybody deserves a full tank
It was a move to New Zealand not long after that reignited the spark when I found myself talking of these plights and indeed my own struggles with dark times with the country’s world motorcycle champion Hugh Anderson. We shared a common feeling that for men in today’s world, every day is a winding road and that more could always be done. Full Tank was born.”
“Initiatives such as Full Tank do a great deal to lift the standing of motorcycling in the community,” Anderson says. “The sense of unity provided by the ideal of giving to a well promoted – in this case neglected – health issue, unites us all, and that freedom we enjoy is exemplified in our freedom to give.”
Supported by stars
With a line-up of stars supporting the cause, including the likes of British Superbike Champion 2015 Josh Brookes. Australian Rugby League Premiership Champion Luke Lewis. TV Presenter, travel writer, actor, and motorcycle enthusiast Charley Boorman. Founder of The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride & Ride Sunday Mark Hawwa. All of whom have their own reasons for pledging their support.
Full Tank Moto is the first not-for-profit clothing brand aimed toward motorcyclists. A registered charity in Australia to raise awareness and funding to support men’s health and men’s health charities. 100% of the profits raised by Full Tank will go to the Movember Foundation. This funds ground-breaking research into prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and suicide prevention and mental health.
Starting with a range of high-quality T-Shirts sourced from ethical manufactures and smaller artisan suppliers. Styled to suit all ages and styles. Designs to express the fun, romance and attitude that motorcycling delivers.
Check out the shop https://shop.fulltankmoto.org/
- 10 free motorcycle film to cure lockdown boredomWe get it, lockdown is boring. While we have been stuck inside we have put together some great motorcycle film to watch. Add this page to your favourites to save them for later! 1. David Coulthard vs Guy Martin. F1 Car vs bike This great video shows the difference between cars and bikes. Guy Martin… Read More »10 free motorcycle film to cure lockdown boredom
- 2020 Honda Fireblade CBR1000RRHonda has unwrapped the brand new 2020 Fireblade in a new video starring some guy called Marc Marquez. As good as it was, the previous Fireblade, was being left behind by the competition. It has struggled both on the road and the race track. The previous generation fireblade was great, so surely the new one… Read More »2020 Honda Fireblade CBR1000RR
- 2020 KTM Super Duke R teaser!KTM have released yet another teaser video, for the new Super Duke R, this time showing us lots more! As with most manufacturers these days the chase seems to be just as much fun as the catch. With more and more elaborate teaser videos emerging, the latest from KTM shows the ‘Prototype’ 2020 Super duke… Read More »2020 KTM Super Duke R teaser!
- 2020 Suzuki V Strom TeaserSuzuki has also been teasing a new model in a series of videos released on YouTube. The first one was as per usual very none descript. After watching it and noting the several clues, I said to myself that’s a V Strom. Initially, I thought it would be a new updated 650 Vstrom to try… Read More »2020 Suzuki V Strom Teaser
- 2020 thank you – A year in review!Firstly, for us, it’s been a bumper year and despite the ongoing pandemic. We’ve broken last year’s record year and set a new yearly record for visitors to the website. This can’t be done without you, our readers, so from both of us, thank you. 2021 brings us the opportunity to better 2020, with more… Read More »2020 thank you – A year in review!