It’s no news that Yamaha’s flagship Hypernaked The MT10 is getting a bit old. First unveiled at EICMA 2015 with the first units hitting the road in 2016, one year after the new shape 2CR R1. After the MT07 and the MT09 also having recent updates it seems that 2022 is the year of the MT10. Yamaha has dropped the teaser showing the new model, and while the video doesn’t show much other than the rear end, which features the standard R1 exhaust.
It seems weird for Yamaha to release a new MT10. The first time around the MT10 followed the new R1, however, we have no news about a new R1, and with the MT10 in the video having a standard R1 exhaust it unfortunately only looks like a cosmetic upgrade. With the previous MT’s getting the ‘cyclops’ headlight, it would be no surprise if the 10 went down the same route.
Overall, while we are overdue a new R1, sports bike sales are notoriously poor at the moment, and when the MT10 easily outsells the R1, surely Yamaha’s focus must be on the better selling bike, and well the current R1 isn’t exactly struggling on the racetrack!
The new MT gets revealed 9th November 2021, at 14:00CET, or 1 PM GMT.
- Norton Motorcycles set to unveil V4 Cafe Racer at Motorcycle LiveIt’s fair to say that new Norton is forgetting the past and looking to the future, an all-new factory and headquarters, a new V4SV model replacing the old V4SS, and now the new v4CR. It shares a lot with the… Read More »Norton Motorcycles set to unveil V4 Cafe Racer at Motorcycle Live
- Honda unwraps the roads team for 2022In what could be the ultimate master and apprentice team pairing, 23 TT winner John McGuinness is paired with four-time NW200 winner, BSB winner but TT newcomer Glenn Irwin. Both riding the new CBR1000RR-R Fireblade, the move see McGuinness back… Read More »Honda unwraps the roads team for 2022
- What is a CBT and do I need one?The CBT or Compulsory basic training is usually a days training, enabling riders 16+ to ride a motorcycle on the road in the UK. A CBT will allow a 16-year-old to ride a 50cc bike or scooter or 17 and… Read More »What is a CBT and do I need one?
- Dream job alert! – Honda UK Racing Engine build technicianDream of working in motorsport with some of the fastest and latest motorcycles? Do you know how to build engines to tight tolerances and precise measurements? Good, well Honda UK are looking for a full time, salaried engine build technician… Read More »Dream job alert! – Honda UK Racing Engine build technician
- MotoGP goes green with new fuel!As with most companies and sports, customers and fans are rapidly expecting more green credentials, whether it’s baked beans from your supermarket or the finest petrols for motorsport use. The latest news sees the MotoGP championship move to a new… Read More »MotoGP goes green with new fuel!