It’s no news that Yamaha’s flagship Hypernaked The MT10 is getting a bit old. First unveiled at EICMA 2015 with the first units hitting the road in 2016, one year after the new shape 2CR R1. After the MT07 and the MT09 also having recent updates it seems that 2022 is the year of the MT10. Yamaha has dropped the teaser showing the new model, and while the video doesn’t show much other than the rear end, which features the standard R1 exhaust.
It seems weird for Yamaha to release a new MT10. The first time around the MT10 followed the new R1, however, we have no news about a new R1, and with the MT10 in the video having a standard R1 exhaust it unfortunately only looks like a cosmetic upgrade. With the previous MT’s getting the ‘cyclops’ headlight, it would be no surprise if the 10 went down the same route.
Overall, while we are overdue a new R1, sports bike sales are notoriously poor at the moment, and when the MT10 easily outsells the R1, surely Yamaha’s focus must be on the better selling bike, and well the current R1 isn’t exactly struggling on the racetrack!
The new MT gets revealed 9th November 2021, at 14:00CET, or 1 PM GMT.
- Ben’s training log week 1.Weekly Stats: Rides: 2 Time trial (12km long) Negative Split and Zone 2 recovery (8km)Runs: 2 (Couch to 5k week 2, run 1 and week 1 run 3)Other activities: Indoor Bouldering & Rock Climbing I’m not the fastest out there,… Read More »Ben’s training log week 1.
- Duathlon Traning log #1If you follow us on Twitter, you’ll see that I’ve signed up to do the Darley more Sprint Duathlon at the end of September, raising funds for Luke’s Legacy- Docbike Staffordshire. On a whim, I’ve always wanted to do a… Read More »Duathlon Traning log #1
- Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touringIf there’s one thing we’ve learnt throughout and after lockdown, it’s to get out more and enjoy what you want to do. This gave Gary and John the idea, of getting bikers together, and showing them the best roads they… Read More »Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touring
- The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?British roads are terrible, ok correction, the British road surface are terrible. It would be wrong to call the actual roads themselves bad because we are privileged to have some absolute gems stashed around the UK. For me, the issues… Read More »The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?
- New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!Pirelli celebrates its 150th birthday, and as part, they are releasing a new line of one of their best selling and performing tyre groups; the Diablo Rosso. The new Diablo Rosso Corsa, sees a higher grip even faster road-focused tyre… Read More »New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!