I can’t be the only one that wonders what goodies the parts shelves of a BSB race team must behold. The eBay listings of the TAG racing team are kinda like having a trawl through the shelves. If your a 2015-2020 Yamaha R1 owner, and have deep pockets with plenty of spare money, British Superbike team TAG Racing has a parts firesale on. We know that TAG has recently switched from Yamaha’s R1 to the new Honda Fireblade for 2021, so presumably, with no use, the bits were taking up space and have to go. Some of the parts are completely unbelievable from full bikes to individual money can’t (normally) buy. Take a look at some of these parts. Swap you a kidney for the lot?
Despite being a superstock bike, the spec is still mad, with every component that could be changed, has. Pricewise £16k that’s cheaper than a stock brand new R1, if you were buying one to make a trackbike.
What is next on the list?
So if you’ve already got an R1, then next on top of your modifications list would surely be a Suter swingarm, right? £4800 gets the fully factory-supplied, BSB spec swingarm, with strengthening braces, just what everybody needs!
Want a British Superbike Spec R1 engine? Yes me too, £4500 gets you one, and TAG have three for sale! Built with YEC cams, and fully ported to Superbike spec, I want one. Please.
Next up, gearbox? How about a full BSB race-spec Nova gearbox, at £3000. Three available, with an N-6 selector drum, but the standard drum can be used. The list of dream build parts continues.
Well, there is genuinely too much to list here, and I fear for my bank balance in reading eBay more and having an R1 in the garage. With everything from standard wheels and clutches to full-on race parts including radiator setups, forged wheels, Suter clutches, YEC Throttle bellmouths, race subframes and fuel tanks, shock absorbers. For the whole listings here here!
- Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touringIf there’s one thing we’ve learnt throughout and after lockdown, it’s to get out more and enjoy what you want to do. This gave Gary and John the idea, of getting bikers together, and showing them the best roads they… Read More »Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touring
- The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?British roads are terrible, ok correction, the British road surface are terrible. It would be wrong to call the actual roads themselves bad because we are privileged to have some absolute gems stashed around the UK. For me, the issues… Read More »The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?
- New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!Pirelli celebrates its 150th birthday, and as part, they are releasing a new line of one of their best selling and performing tyre groups; the Diablo Rosso. The new Diablo Rosso Corsa, sees a higher grip even faster road-focused tyre… Read More »New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!
- Is Yamaha working on a new sportsbike for 2022?Over the past few years, with the CV-19 pandemic and spiralling costs, firms want to get the most reward from R&D costs; at first, I thought it was to keep things simple, but it also makes excellent business sense. This… Read More »Is Yamaha working on a new sportsbike for 2022?
- BeMoto Insurance giving away Panigale V4S!Motorcycle insurance specialist BeMoto has announced the launch of the new BeLotto competition, to win a Ducati Panigale V4S complete with a full selection of other prizes totalling over £10,000, in this free to enter competition. BeMoto insurance are relatively… Read More »BeMoto Insurance giving away Panigale V4S!