I can’t be the only one that wonders what goodies the parts shelves of a BSB race team must behold. The eBay listings of the TAG racing team are kinda like having a trawl through the shelves. If your a 2015-2020 Yamaha R1 owner, and have deep pockets with plenty of spare money, British Superbike team TAG Racing has a parts firesale on. We know that TAG has recently switched from Yamaha’s R1 to the new Honda Fireblade for 2021, so presumably, with no use, the bits were taking up space and have to go. Some of the parts are completely unbelievable from full bikes to individual money can’t (normally) buy. Take a look at some of these parts. Swap you a kidney for the lot?
Despite being a superstock bike, the spec is still mad, with every component that could be changed, has. Pricewise £16k that’s cheaper than a stock brand new R1, if you were buying one to make a trackbike.
What is next on the list?
So if you’ve already got an R1, then next on top of your modifications list would surely be a Suter swingarm, right? £4800 gets the fully factory-supplied, BSB spec swingarm, with strengthening braces, just what everybody needs!
Want a British Superbike Spec R1 engine? Yes me too, £4500 gets you one, and TAG have three for sale! Built with YEC cams, and fully ported to Superbike spec, I want one. Please.
Next up, gearbox? How about a full BSB race-spec Nova gearbox, at £3000. Three available, with an N-6 selector drum, but the standard drum can be used. The list of dream build parts continues.
Well, there is genuinely too much to list here, and I fear for my bank balance in reading eBay more and having an R1 in the garage. With everything from standard wheels and clutches to full-on race parts including radiator setups, forged wheels, Suter clutches, YEC Throttle bellmouths, race subframes and fuel tanks, shock absorbers. For the whole listings here here!
- How much does a Euro trackday really cost?Motorcycling isn’t a cheap hobby, regardless of what aspect you do. From riding on the road to track days, Motocross, trials, or even just watching, it takes a lot of hard-earned to get started. With the rapidly worsening road conditions,… Read More »How much does a Euro trackday really cost?
- WMC250EV continues on track to take electric speed record!It’s infrequent yet refreshing these days to find somebody straying from the norm and doing different, going off at tangents to everybody else, with a similar target in mind, radically thinking outside the box, for a new way to hit… Read More »WMC250EV continues on track to take electric speed record!
- Triumph motorcycles releases Speed Triple 1200RR: The most technically advanced Speed Triple yet!Since teaser images were released a few weeks ago, we knew Triumph was working on something sportier, with most hoping for a fully-faired Superbike slayer from the British firm. The teaser images showed a new sportier-looking front end and seat… Read More »Triumph motorcycles releases Speed Triple 1200RR: The most technically advanced Speed Triple yet!
- Triumph backs the struggling hospitality industry in new ‘Ride out to help out campaign.’The Covid-19 pandemic has hit the hospitality industry hard, with many restaurants, pubs and other biker meeting places and food outlets being forced to close. Triumph has decided to launch their own version of ‘Eat Out to Help Out’, dubbed… Read More »Triumph backs the struggling hospitality industry in new ‘Ride out to help out campaign.’
- What is E10 fuel and can I use E10 in my bike?Dubbed the biggest change to petrol forecourts since 4star was dropped back in 2000, the new E10 (10% ethanol) petrol grade could have a huge impact to all motorists. We all use petrol (bar electric bikers), and with petrol making… Read More »What is E10 fuel and can I use E10 in my bike?