I can’t be the only one that wonders what goodies the parts shelves of a BSB race team must behold. The eBay listings of the TAG racing team are kinda like having a trawl through the shelves. If your a 2015-2020 Yamaha R1 owner, and have deep pockets with plenty of spare money, British Superbike team TAG Racing has a parts firesale on. We know that TAG has recently switched from Yamaha’s R1 to the new Honda Fireblade for 2021, so presumably, with no use, the bits were taking up space and have to go. Some of the parts are completely unbelievable from full bikes to individual money can’t (normally) buy. Take a look at some of these parts. Swap you a kidney for the lot?
Despite being a superstock bike, the spec is still mad, with every component that could be changed, has. Pricewise £16k that’s cheaper than a stock brand new R1, if you were buying one to make a trackbike.
What is next on the list?
So if you’ve already got an R1, then next on top of your modifications list would surely be a Suter swingarm, right? £4800 gets the fully factory-supplied, BSB spec swingarm, with strengthening braces, just what everybody needs!
Want a British Superbike Spec R1 engine? Yes me too, £4500 gets you one, and TAG have three for sale! Built with YEC cams, and fully ported to Superbike spec, I want one. Please.
Next up, gearbox? How about a full BSB race-spec Nova gearbox, at £3000. Three available, with an N-6 selector drum, but the standard drum can be used. The list of dream build parts continues.
Well, there is genuinely too much to list here, and I fear for my bank balance in reading eBay more and having an R1 in the garage. With everything from standard wheels and clutches to full-on race parts including radiator setups, forged wheels, Suter clutches, YEC Throttle bellmouths, race subframes and fuel tanks, shock absorbers. For the whole listings here here!
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso 4 reviewAs hot as Hell, Pirelli’s tagline for the brand new Diablo Rosso 4 is new for 2021 tyre. I haven’t been to Hell yet, but I’ve been to Greece, and that was pretty hot. It’s an interesting tagline that fits… Read More »Pirelli Diablo Rosso 4 review
- Triumph Motorcycles announces new off-road product ranges!It’s probably no surprise to hear the news that Triumph are working and developing a new ‘Comprehensive’ range of competition Motocross and Enduro motorcycles. Focusing on making competition MX and Enduro machinery brings a full Triumph race program aiming at… Read More »Triumph Motorcycles announces new off-road product ranges!
- New KTM RC8C, orange track-ready beast!We have been asking KTM for years now to make a road-going sportsbike. You know take the wealth of experience and knowledge gained from the MotoGP project and make something road legal (and orange) to slay the likes of the… Read More »New KTM RC8C, orange track-ready beast!
- Short: Allen Millyard’s V10 Viper powered motorcycleDigging through the archives has provided some footage captured for the Pagent of Power, of Allen’s V10 Dodge Viper powered motorcycle. Effectively his take on the Dodge Tomahawk, except road legal and frequently ridden. The Dodge Viper V10 engine produces… Read More »Short: Allen Millyard’s V10 Viper powered motorcycle
- Warwick Moto unveil ‘Frontier’ electric motorcycle with support from NortonA group of 13 students from WMG, University of Warwick, and leading academics, engineers, and researchers have developed a new cutting-edge electric motorcycle. The Frontier has been developed, and the latest version runs a modified Norton frame and a first… Read More »Warwick Moto unveil ‘Frontier’ electric motorcycle with support from Norton