I can’t be the only one that wonders what goodies the parts shelves of a BSB race team must behold. The eBay listings of the TAG racing team are kinda like having a trawl through the shelves. If your a 2015-2020 Yamaha R1 owner, and have deep pockets with plenty of spare money, British Superbike team TAG Racing has a parts firesale on. We know that TAG has recently switched from Yamaha’s R1 to the new Honda Fireblade for 2021, so presumably, with no use, the bits were taking up space and have to go. Some of the parts are completely unbelievable from full bikes to individual money can’t (normally) buy. Take a look at some of these parts. Swap you a kidney for the lot?
Despite being a superstock bike, the spec is still mad, with every component that could be changed, has. Pricewise £16k that’s cheaper than a stock brand new R1, if you were buying one to make a trackbike.
What is next on the list?
So if you’ve already got an R1, then next on top of your modifications list would surely be a Suter swingarm, right? £4800 gets the fully factory-supplied, BSB spec swingarm, with strengthening braces, just what everybody needs!
Want a British Superbike Spec R1 engine? Yes me too, £4500 gets you one, and TAG have three for sale! Built with YEC cams, and fully ported to Superbike spec, I want one. Please.
Next up, gearbox? How about a full BSB race-spec Nova gearbox, at £3000. Three available, with an N-6 selector drum, but the standard drum can be used. The list of dream build parts continues.
Well, there is genuinely too much to list here, and I fear for my bank balance in reading eBay more and having an R1 in the garage. With everything from standard wheels and clutches to full-on race parts including radiator setups, forged wheels, Suter clutches, YEC Throttle bellmouths, race subframes and fuel tanks, shock absorbers. For the whole listings here here!
- Qatar vs Doha: Winners and Losers of the Opening Double HeaderIt’s race week! Soon we will be revisiting the rollercoaster at Portimao, and even more exciting: the King is coming back! Yes, Marc Marquez has been declared fit to race this week and Friday will be the very first time… Read More »Qatar vs Doha: Winners and Losers of the Opening Double Header
- Marc Marquez set for 2021 Portimão returnIt’s been weird without him, but four months on from his latest surgery Marc Marquez has been cleared by doctors, ready for his Moto GP return. His incident at the Jerez season opener in 2020, lead to suffering from an infected… Read More »Marc Marquez set for 2021 Portimão return
- KTM’s Superduke RR sold out in 48 minutesAre you one of the lucky 500 who managed to bag a KTM Superduke RR pre-order? Probably not, but the ultra-limited edition Superduke RR comes as the new, flagship model hooligan bike for the street. KTM opened up the online… Read More »KTM’s Superduke RR sold out in 48 minutes
- Suzuki drops GSXS1000 Teaser Wings and BlingI liked the GSXF1000, basically the same as the GSXS just with more a bit more fairing. I had one for a few days not so long ago, and even in the short period of time I had it, it… Read More »Suzuki drops GSXS1000 Teaser Wings and Bling
- KTM 1290 Superduke RR: Road legal track bikeIt’s not uncommon for manufacturers to produce limited quantity special edition bikes, Aprilia did it with the ‘X’ Bikes, MV Agusta does it, Ducati makes limited-edition versions with the Lamborgini collaboration on the Diavel the latest. These models which sell… Read More »KTM 1290 Superduke RR: Road legal track bike