It’s no surprise that the past year and a half has been hard on everybody. The Coronavirus pandemic has affected everything from people, small business and even multinational huge businesses with billions of pounds in turnover. With 2021 and numerous vaccinations and uptake looking good, it seemed like we were starting to get things under control and on the mend. Maybe not so much, as the knock-on from the pandemic and the Evergiven container ship has left a huge impact, with thousands of Yamaha products on the ship itself.
The video message from Eric de Seynes, President and CEO of Yamaha Motor Europe, explains of a tough year, but the outlook remains positive for 2021 despite the goings-on. Strong demand, eager dealers and great products are helping to generate a positive 2021.
Not just unique to Yamaha but all manufacturing across every sector components have been in short numbers, one of the hardest hit is the semi-conductors required in electric systems. With more reliance on electronic systems on every modern bike, a shortage of components can severely impact available units.
Fair play to Yamaha for being open and honest about the matter, it’s hard as an industry, hopefully, in the coming months things can get back to normal.
- How much does a Euro trackday really cost?Motorcycling isn’t a cheap hobby, regardless of what aspect you do. From riding on the road to track days, Motocross, trials, or even just watching, it takes a lot of hard-earned to get started. With the rapidly worsening road conditions,… Read More »How much does a Euro trackday really cost?
- WMC250EV continues on track to take electric speed record!It’s infrequent yet refreshing these days to find somebody straying from the norm and doing different, going off at tangents to everybody else, with a similar target in mind, radically thinking outside the box, for a new way to hit… Read More »WMC250EV continues on track to take electric speed record!
- Triumph motorcycles releases Speed Triple 1200RR: The most technically advanced Speed Triple yet!Since teaser images were released a few weeks ago, we knew Triumph was working on something sportier, with most hoping for a fully-faired Superbike slayer from the British firm. The teaser images showed a new sportier-looking front end and seat… Read More »Triumph motorcycles releases Speed Triple 1200RR: The most technically advanced Speed Triple yet!
- Triumph backs the struggling hospitality industry in new ‘Ride out to help out campaign.’The Covid-19 pandemic has hit the hospitality industry hard, with many restaurants, pubs and other biker meeting places and food outlets being forced to close. Triumph has decided to launch their own version of ‘Eat Out to Help Out’, dubbed… Read More »Triumph backs the struggling hospitality industry in new ‘Ride out to help out campaign.’
- What is E10 fuel and can I use E10 in my bike?Dubbed the biggest change to petrol forecourts since 4star was dropped back in 2000, the new E10 (10% ethanol) petrol grade could have a huge impact to all motorists. We all use petrol (bar electric bikers), and with petrol making… Read More »What is E10 fuel and can I use E10 in my bike?