It’s no surprise that the past year and a half has been hard on everybody. The Coronavirus pandemic has affected everything from people, small business and even multinational huge businesses with billions of pounds in turnover. With 2021 and numerous vaccinations and uptake looking good, it seemed like we were starting to get things under control and on the mend. Maybe not so much, as the knock-on from the pandemic and the Evergiven container ship has left a huge impact, with thousands of Yamaha products on the ship itself.
The video message from Eric de Seynes, President and CEO of Yamaha Motor Europe, explains of a tough year, but the outlook remains positive for 2021 despite the goings-on. Strong demand, eager dealers and great products are helping to generate a positive 2021.
Not just unique to Yamaha but all manufacturing across every sector components have been in short numbers, one of the hardest hit is the semi-conductors required in electric systems. With more reliance on electronic systems on every modern bike, a shortage of components can severely impact available units.
Fair play to Yamaha for being open and honest about the matter, it’s hard as an industry, hopefully, in the coming months things can get back to normal.
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso 4 reviewAs hot as Hell, Pirelli’s tagline for the brand new Diablo Rosso 4 is new for 2021 tyre. I haven’t been to Hell yet, but I’ve been to Greece, and that was pretty hot. It’s an interesting tagline that fits… Read More »Pirelli Diablo Rosso 4 review
- Triumph Motorcycles announces new off-road product ranges!It’s probably no surprise to hear the news that Triumph are working and developing a new ‘Comprehensive’ range of competition Motocross and Enduro motorcycles. Focusing on making competition MX and Enduro machinery brings a full Triumph race program aiming at… Read More »Triumph Motorcycles announces new off-road product ranges!
- New KTM RC8C, orange track-ready beast!We have been asking KTM for years now to make a road-going sportsbike. You know take the wealth of experience and knowledge gained from the MotoGP project and make something road legal (and orange) to slay the likes of the… Read More »New KTM RC8C, orange track-ready beast!
- Short: Allen Millyard’s V10 Viper powered motorcycleDigging through the archives has provided some footage captured for the Pagent of Power, of Allen’s V10 Dodge Viper powered motorcycle. Effectively his take on the Dodge Tomahawk, except road legal and frequently ridden. The Dodge Viper V10 engine produces… Read More »Short: Allen Millyard’s V10 Viper powered motorcycle
- Warwick Moto unveil ‘Frontier’ electric motorcycle with support from NortonA group of 13 students from WMG, University of Warwick, and leading academics, engineers, and researchers have developed a new cutting-edge electric motorcycle. The Frontier has been developed, and the latest version runs a modified Norton frame and a first… Read More »Warwick Moto unveil ‘Frontier’ electric motorcycle with support from Norton