It’s no surprise that the past year and a half has been hard on everybody. The Coronavirus pandemic has affected everything from people, small business and even multinational huge businesses with billions of pounds in turnover. With 2021 and numerous vaccinations and uptake looking good, it seemed like we were starting to get things under control and on the mend. Maybe not so much, as the knock-on from the pandemic and the Evergiven container ship has left a huge impact, with thousands of Yamaha products on the ship itself.
The video message from Eric de Seynes, President and CEO of Yamaha Motor Europe, explains of a tough year, but the outlook remains positive for 2021 despite the goings-on. Strong demand, eager dealers and great products are helping to generate a positive 2021.
Not just unique to Yamaha but all manufacturing across every sector components have been in short numbers, one of the hardest hit is the semi-conductors required in electric systems. With more reliance on electronic systems on every modern bike, a shortage of components can severely impact available units.
Fair play to Yamaha for being open and honest about the matter, it’s hard as an industry, hopefully, in the coming months things can get back to normal.
- What is the best motorcycle camera?Motorcycle cameras can be split up into two types: fixed to the bike or fixed to the rider. Both of these systems carry pros and cons. Systems fixed to the bike can normally be hardwired into the bikes power supply,… Read More »What is the best motorcycle camera?
- Viva Miller: The Story of Sunday’s Spanish GPBy now the dust has settled and the sun has set on one of the most iconic tracks MotoGP ever go to – Circuito de Jerez – and oh wow, did it produce yet another stunner of a race. The… Read More »Viva Miller: The Story of Sunday’s Spanish GP
- Will Valentino Rossi retire in 2021?It sounded like a match made in heaven. One of the greatest and most popular riders in Moto GP history, paired with an underdog team, ruffled the big guns’ feathers in 2020. Adding factory Yamaha machinery, with one of his… Read More »Will Valentino Rossi retire in 2021?
- What is arm pump and how can it be cured?We hear more and more about Moto GP riders suffering the dreaded arm pump, but what actually is it? Arm pump is clinically described as Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome (CECS) in the forearm. Big words, good job arm pump is… Read More »What is arm pump and how can it be cured?
- Crashes, clashes and qualifying dash’s: Saturday at the Jerez GPJerez de la Frontera has produced some of the most scintillating racing in MotoGP’s history. Many famous last lap battles have been fought at the Angel Nieto circuit: Doohan vs Crivillè, Rossi vs Gibernau, Marquez vs Lorenzo, to name a… Read More »Crashes, clashes and qualifying dash’s: Saturday at the Jerez GP