It’s no surprise that the past year and a half has been hard on everybody. The Coronavirus pandemic has affected everything from people, small business and even multinational huge businesses with billions of pounds in turnover. With 2021 and numerous vaccinations and uptake looking good, it seemed like we were starting to get things under control and on the mend. Maybe not so much, as the knock-on from the pandemic and the Evergiven container ship has left a huge impact, with thousands of Yamaha products on the ship itself.
The video message from Eric de Seynes, President and CEO of Yamaha Motor Europe, explains of a tough year, but the outlook remains positive for 2021 despite the goings-on. Strong demand, eager dealers and great products are helping to generate a positive 2021.
Not just unique to Yamaha but all manufacturing across every sector components have been in short numbers, one of the hardest hit is the semi-conductors required in electric systems. With more reliance on electronic systems on every modern bike, a shortage of components can severely impact available units.
Fair play to Yamaha for being open and honest about the matter, it’s hard as an industry, hopefully, in the coming months things can get back to normal.
- Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touringIf there’s one thing we’ve learnt throughout and after lockdown, it’s to get out more and enjoy what you want to do. This gave Gary and John the idea, of getting bikers together, and showing them the best roads they… Read More »Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touring
- The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?British roads are terrible, ok correction, the British road surface are terrible. It would be wrong to call the actual roads themselves bad because we are privileged to have some absolute gems stashed around the UK. For me, the issues… Read More »The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?
- New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!Pirelli celebrates its 150th birthday, and as part, they are releasing a new line of one of their best selling and performing tyre groups; the Diablo Rosso. The new Diablo Rosso Corsa, sees a higher grip even faster road-focused tyre… Read More »New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!
- Is Yamaha working on a new sportsbike for 2022?Over the past few years, with the CV-19 pandemic and spiralling costs, firms want to get the most reward from R&D costs; at first, I thought it was to keep things simple, but it also makes excellent business sense. This… Read More »Is Yamaha working on a new sportsbike for 2022?
- BeMoto Insurance giving away Panigale V4S!Motorcycle insurance specialist BeMoto has announced the launch of the new BeLotto competition, to win a Ducati Panigale V4S complete with a full selection of other prizes totalling over £10,000, in this free to enter competition. BeMoto insurance are relatively… Read More »BeMoto Insurance giving away Panigale V4S!