Cleaning a bike is certainly not as fun as riding it, but obviously, nobody wants to be riding a dirty bike. Modern washing methods have moved on since using a bucket and sponge, the big thing these days is using a pressure washer and or snow foam. Unfortunately for those, who don’t have an outside tap, a pressure wash can be an issue, until now, with the Worx Hydroshot range.
Go wireless with the Worx Hydroshot
Cordless power cleaners are now a thing. Note the term power cleaner; it’s certainly not as powerful as mains powered pressure wash. Finding mains power in the middle of nowhere can be hard. The Worx Hydroshot uses 20V Lithium-Ion power battery pack, which is rechargeable and shared throughout the whole Worx range, be it lawnmowers, chainsaws, or rotary buffers.
In addition to moving away from a mains power source, the Worx pressure cleaner can also use an external water source, anything as small as a water bottle. I’ve got an old 10-litre waterbutt which gives ample water capacity for cleaning a bike. Cleaning power will always be increased if using a proper garden hose though.
The Worx Hydroshot comes with a long hose with a float and filter allowing the use with freshwater sources, such as rivers, streams lakes or even garden water catchers. The float allows the filter to collect water from the surface away from any mud. It can also be used with warm water should you require more cleaning power and many attachments on the lance end, such as foaming bottles, and soft brushes.
Worx Hydroshot battery life
The Worx Hydroshot is lightweight, weighing in at 1.6kg with the extension lance plugged in. Easy to move around, and the charge on the battery has easily lasted me cleaning two motorcycles and the mountain bike a few times after muddy rides out. I take it with me in the boot to quickly blast off any mud before loading it back onto the rack.
Despite being lesser in power than a mains pressure wash, this isn’t actually a disadvantage. Large heavy-duty pressure washers, can be so powerful that the volume of water can cause harm to components. With the Worx Hydroshot being a lower pressure device, it can look after seals and bearings, by not throwing as much water at them.
How much is it?
I’ve been using the WG629E.1 model, which features a two-speed motor, and a £150 RRP. Some bargains are available on other online retailers. If you require more cleaning power the Worx WG630E.1 add more power for an extra £50. It’s a great price for the product you get.
The hydroshot comes with an adjustable nozzle, giving direct single stream, or various angles of the spray pattern. Single stream brings the most power but cleaning area coverage suffers.
Overall whilst I’ve been using the Worx Hydroshot WG626, there hasn’t been anything it couldn’t do. I’ve washed the car, the motorbikes and even take it out with me when mountain biking, giving the bike a blast-off afterwards. Overall it’s a great tool, if a mains powered pressure washer is impractical, or you don’t have an outside tap.
- Aprilia releases new RSV4 and Tuono V4In the past 6 months, we have been spoilt rotten by Aprilia. Firstly we get the brand new RS660, which bodes a great new spec and price for a middleweight sportbike, proving that smaller cc sports bikes are not dead. By all accounts, sales of the new RS660 have been sublime with orders flooding in.… Read More »Aprilia releases new RSV4 and Tuono V4
- The ultimate Ducati collection for sale?It’s common to see individual rare bikes popping up for sale. We saw a Desmo for sale just before Christmas on the Ultimate Christmas gift guide, but it is uncommon to see a full collection for sale. Listed up on eBay has been a collection of four Ducati bikes including a Desmo, 1299 Superleggera, and… Read More »The ultimate Ducati collection for sale?
- New for 2021: Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber and RoamerBuilding on the successful V85TT, Moto Guzzi has announced new V9 models: Roamer and Bobber. The Moto Guzzi V9 features a brand new 850cc engine making 65 horsepower and 72Nm of torque. The new bike features an evolved chassis which Moto Guzzi says ‘increase the pleasure and excitement of riding’. Guzzi’s range might be small… Read More »New for 2021: Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber and Roamer
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso 4 tyres -New for 2021!Selling five million of anything is good going, if it were an album it would be multi-platinum and widely celebrated. Why so different for tyres? Pirelli sees in 2021 with the news that the Diablo Rosso series has sold over 5 million since introduction to market in 2008. The new for 2021 Diablo Rosso 4… Read More »Pirelli Diablo Rosso 4 tyres -New for 2021!
- Aprilia debuts the new Tuono 660With Aprilia releasing the new RS660 last year, and the Moto GP squad riding it around the Misano circuit, Journalists raved about the new baby RSV4. With Aprilia developing the new 660 powerplant, it was only expected that a new baby 660 Tuono was on the cards too. The popular Tuono has been a staple… Read More »Aprilia debuts the new Tuono 660