Wireless intercom experts Sena have released a brand new flip front helmet, fully integrated with Bluetooth to provide wireless connectivity. Making things simple, without the need to retrofit cables, microphones speakers or accessories fit intercom units to the helmet shell.
The new Outrush R pairs seamlessly to a smartphone allowing the wearer to have turn by turn GPS, listen to music, FM radio, take phone calls or chat to four other riders, or a pillion.
Powered by 5.0 Bluetooth, the Outrush R can link with one other Sena device for Full HD intercom or four other users for quick and easy communication. With a Bluetooth range of half a mile (900 meters), and a battery talk time life of 12 hours, enough for most rides.
Sena’s audio multitasking makes the wearer have the ability to converse with others while simultaneously listening to music or GPD directions. Overlaid audio is lowered in volume and will return to normal volume upon the conversation ending. How well this will work in practicality is yet to find out. We all have that mate who loves a chat…
The Outrush R will charge in 2.5 hours allowing minimal charge time while touring or out on the road, and with the 12 hours of talk time, the charge/talk time is great.
Fully compatible with Sena’s mobile app on both Android and Ios, which allows complete customisation within the app to change settings, read the info manual and quick start guide. The app also includes smart pairing, using a QR code to pair with other devices, simplicity and avoids the need for listening to beeps and pressing buttons.
The helmet is of tough, lightweight ABS shell with an EPS liner providing full ECE certification and legal to ride with the chin bar up or down. That said flip front helmets are questionable about how often they open up in event of an incident.
Air intakes are in all the usual places, forehead and chin, along with rear exhaust parts to remove hot air, and the liner is removable for washing. A quick-release visor with an antifog gives a clear view and the helmet also includes an internal sun visor that drops down.
The closing mechanism is a quick release buckle, surprising as it goes against the normal double ‘D’ ring-closing.
The price is unbelievable with a launch price of £249.99 in sizes from S-XXXL. This comes with everything pre-installed and ready to use out of the box, and considering you would pay this much for a Sena comms system without a helmet I can’t help but think how good value it is.
- Ben’s training log week 1.Weekly Stats: Rides: 2 Time trial (12km long) Negative Split and Zone 2 recovery (8km)Runs: 2 (Couch to 5k week 2, run 1 and week 1 run 3)Other activities: Indoor Bouldering & Rock Climbing I’m not the fastest out there,… Read More »Ben’s training log week 1.
- Duathlon Traning log #1If you follow us on Twitter, you’ll see that I’ve signed up to do the Darley more Sprint Duathlon at the end of September, raising funds for Luke’s Legacy- Docbike Staffordshire. On a whim, I’ve always wanted to do a… Read More »Duathlon Traning log #1
- Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touringIf there’s one thing we’ve learnt throughout and after lockdown, it’s to get out more and enjoy what you want to do. This gave Gary and John the idea, of getting bikers together, and showing them the best roads they… Read More »Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touring
- The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?British roads are terrible, ok correction, the British road surface are terrible. It would be wrong to call the actual roads themselves bad because we are privileged to have some absolute gems stashed around the UK. For me, the issues… Read More »The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?
- New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!Pirelli celebrates its 150th birthday, and as part, they are releasing a new line of one of their best selling and performing tyre groups; the Diablo Rosso. The new Diablo Rosso Corsa, sees a higher grip even faster road-focused tyre… Read More »New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!