It’s fair to say that new Norton is forgetting the past and looking to the future, an all-new factory and headquarters, a new V4SV model replacing the old V4SS, and now the new V4CR. It shares a lot with the new V4SV, but strips back the covers for a more aggressive and street-styled ride, showing off Norton’s craftmanship. Norton says it retains the Norton character (erm….) and embraces nostalgic design cues. Two colours are available, raw carbon or Manx silver.
The 72-degree V4 is 1200cc, and, makes 185horespower, the slash-cut pipe adds to the sports-focused style. Striking air intakes sit akimbo te carbon fibre fuel tank and panelling, and the polished frame and swingarm add to more bling. Speaking of bling, Brembo brakes and Ohlins forks and rear shock add to the experience more.
Whist details are thin on the ground, and there are huge disclaimers on the website saying the final specification may change. A common theme at the moment is a lack of pricing aginst new models and this bike shows no exception, being a handbuilt British machine, with high spec components it won’t be cheap.
From a design side, the bike looks good, however, the bigger question lies in whether New Norton can shake off the damage done by old Norton. New Norton is keen to remember that these bikes’ chassis have been developed on the TT course under the previous owners, yet are keen to distance themselves over the original V4SS bikes.
The bike will be at motorcycle live, at the NEC, Birmingham which starts on the 4th December for viewings and enquiries.
- Ben’s training log week 1.Weekly Stats: Rides: 2 Time trial (12km long) Negative Split and Zone 2 recovery (8km)Runs: 2 (Couch to 5k week 2, run 1 and week 1 run 3)Other activities: Indoor Bouldering & Rock Climbing I’m not the fastest out there, and… Read More »Ben’s training log week 1.
- Duathlon Traning log #1If you follow us on Twitter, you’ll see that I’ve signed up to do the Darley more Sprint Duathlon at the end of September, raising funds for Luke’s Legacy- Docbike Staffordshire. On a whim, I’ve always wanted to do a Triathlon,… Read More »Duathlon Traning log #1
- Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touringIf there’s one thing we’ve learnt throughout and after lockdown, it’s to get out more and enjoy what you want to do. This gave Gary and John the idea, of getting bikers together, and showing them the best roads they know,… Read More »Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touring
- The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?British roads are terrible, ok correction, the British road surface are terrible. It would be wrong to call the actual roads themselves bad because we are privileged to have some absolute gems stashed around the UK. For me, the issues lie… Read More »The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?
- New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!Pirelli celebrates its 150th birthday, and as part, they are releasing a new line of one of their best selling and performing tyre groups; the Diablo Rosso. The new Diablo Rosso Corsa, sees a higher grip even faster road-focused tyre than… Read More »New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!