We have been asking KTM for years now to make a road-going sportsbike. You know take the wealth of experience and knowledge gained from the MotoGP project and make something road legal (and orange) to slay the likes of the Ducati V4S, the Yamaha R1 and the Suzuki GSXR. Well, today KTM released a brand new, limited edition track-only KTM RC8C, KTM 890 Duke R based racebike. Exactly what we wanted….
The new KTM RC8C is based on the KTM 890 Duke R engine, coupled with a lightweight racing frame, and premium chassis components from WP suspension to Ohlins brakes. KTM maintain this bike is as close to a factory race package as possible, without your own race team and crew. Weighing in at 140kg dry (+27kg for wets stuff let’s say) it is still light.
Kind of the bike we didn’t ask for?
The 889cc two-cylinder engine generates 128hp, and is mated with a steel tubular chassis. Wrapped in carbon-kevlar bodywork with wings and an undertray wing it genuinely does look like a mini Moto GP racer. The WP suspension has been developed by the same WP engineers who look after the MotoGP WP suspension units. Factory supplied Akrapovic exhaust comes fitted, as does a dedicated airbox and filter.
Also fitted are lightweight Dymag wheels, wrapped in Pirelli SC1 slicks, with a quick-release fuel tank and body panels. Brembo Stylema callipers work with fully floating discs and Brembo master cylinders allowing the brake bite to be tailored to the rider. A race dash and datalogger from AIM are fitted, with integrated GPS with a 5″ TFT screen for the rider.
This bike is limited to only 100 units (booooo) and exclusive to track only events. A price tag of £31k, but for the price tag KTM are holding an event (for 25 people only) to join the KTM factory race test team. This allowss you to ride with the likes of Pedrosa and Kallio with rider feedback during a full day at Jerez. Buyers opting for this package will also get a spare set of wheels, spare discs paddock stands and tyre warmers. This sounds very race package like..
Pre-orders for the bike open July 22 and for more information check out the KTM website
- Ben’s training log week 1.Weekly Stats: Rides: 2 Time trial (12km long) Negative Split and Zone 2 recovery (8km)Runs: 2 (Couch to 5k week 2, run 1 and week 1 run 3)Other activities: Indoor Bouldering & Rock Climbing I’m not the fastest out there,… Read More »Ben’s training log week 1.
- Duathlon Traning log #1If you follow us on Twitter, you’ll see that I’ve signed up to do the Darley more Sprint Duathlon at the end of September, raising funds for Luke’s Legacy- Docbike Staffordshire. On a whim, I’ve always wanted to do a… Read More »Duathlon Traning log #1
- Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touringIf there’s one thing we’ve learnt throughout and after lockdown, it’s to get out more and enjoy what you want to do. This gave Gary and John the idea, of getting bikers together, and showing them the best roads they… Read More »Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touring
- The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?British roads are terrible, ok correction, the British road surface are terrible. It would be wrong to call the actual roads themselves bad because we are privileged to have some absolute gems stashed around the UK. For me, the issues… Read More »The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?
- New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!Pirelli celebrates its 150th birthday, and as part, they are releasing a new line of one of their best selling and performing tyre groups; the Diablo Rosso. The new Diablo Rosso Corsa, sees a higher grip even faster road-focused tyre… Read More »New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!