Honda has announced a European expansion to its successful Japanese ‘RC30 Forever’ program which launched in 2020. The program sees approximately 150 brand new, genuine parts for the RC30, being remade covering engine, chassis, bodywork and electronic parts.
Honda RC30 parts are now avalible!
The RC30 Forever program started after meetings with RC30 owners clubs across Japan and Europe. The meetings found a mutual want to keep the iconic bike on the road and in the best condition using genuine spare Honda parts. This new program ensures riders can be kept safe and stocked with genuine Honda parts.
The new scheme will see Honda manufacture 150 parts for the RC30, based on the owners’ requests and experience of Honda’s R&D experts. Parts will be available through Honda dealers from May 2021 onwards. At the start of the project, it was revealed that the original models and moulds were missing. The original drawings were sourced but were hand-drawn 2D. With modern methods of manufacture, differing from 2d wireframe blueprints, updates were needed.
The blueprints were digitised, enlarged to a 1:1 scale, and then compared to original parts from RC30 models, ensuring accuracy. Despite this Honda still encountered some issues, getting parts up to the Honda standard. Honda bought back original RC30 team members to share their knowledge and passion for the model and recreate the wooden models and moulds from scratch.
The new items made by engineers have since been digitised and is allowing the generation of the new parts which should hopefully keep the Rc30 on the road and owners happy.
- Ben’s training log week 1.Weekly Stats: Rides: 2 Time trial (12km long) Negative Split and Zone 2 recovery (8km)Runs: 2 (Couch to 5k week 2, run 1 and week 1 run 3)Other activities: Indoor Bouldering & Rock Climbing I’m not the fastest out there, and I know it, but… Read More »Ben’s training log week 1.
- Duathlon Traning log #1If you follow us on Twitter, you’ll see that I’ve signed up to do the Darley more Sprint Duathlon at the end of September, raising funds for Luke’s Legacy- Docbike Staffordshire. On a whim, I’ve always wanted to do a Triathlon, but it’s not something… Read More »Duathlon Traning log #1
- Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touringIf there’s one thing we’ve learnt throughout and after lockdown, it’s to get out more and enjoy what you want to do. This gave Gary and John the idea, of getting bikers together, and showing them the best roads they know, combining that with tours… Read More »Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touring
- The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?British roads are terrible, ok correction, the British road surface are terrible. It would be wrong to call the actual roads themselves bad because we are privileged to have some absolute gems stashed around the UK. For me, the issues lie with the state of… Read More »The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?
- New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!Pirelli celebrates its 150th birthday, and as part, they are releasing a new line of one of their best selling and performing tyre groups; the Diablo Rosso. The new Diablo Rosso Corsa, sees a higher grip even faster road-focused tyre than the Diablo Rosso 4,… Read More »New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!