Honda has announced a European expansion to its successful Japanese ‘RC30 Forever’ program which launched in 2020. The program sees approximately 150 brand new, genuine parts for the RC30, being remade covering engine, chassis, bodywork and electronic parts.
Honda RC30 parts are now avalible!
The RC30 Forever program started after meetings with RC30 owners clubs across Japan and Europe. The meetings found a mutual want to keep the iconic bike on the road and in the best condition using genuine spare Honda parts. This new program ensures riders can be kept safe and stocked with genuine Honda parts.
The new scheme will see Honda manufacture 150 parts for the RC30, based on the owners’ requests and experience of Honda’s R&D experts. Parts will be available through Honda dealers from May 2021 onwards. At the start of the project, it was revealed that the original models and moulds were missing. The original drawings were sourced but were hand-drawn 2D. With modern methods of manufacture, differing from 2d wireframe blueprints, updates were needed.
The blueprints were digitised, enlarged to a 1:1 scale, and then compared to original parts from RC30 models, ensuring accuracy. Despite this Honda still encountered some issues, getting parts up to the Honda standard. Honda bought back original RC30 team members to share their knowledge and passion for the model and recreate the wooden models and moulds from scratch.
The new items made by engineers have since been digitised and is allowing the generation of the new parts which should hopefully keep the Rc30 on the road and owners happy.
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso 4 reviewAs hot as Hell, Pirelli’s tagline for the brand new Diablo Rosso 4 is new for 2021 tyre. I haven’t been to Hell yet, but I’ve been to Greece, and that was pretty hot. It’s an interesting tagline that fits the naming of Pirelli’s products,… Read More »Pirelli Diablo Rosso 4 review
- Triumph Motorcycles announces new off-road product ranges!It’s probably no surprise to hear the news that Triumph are working and developing a new ‘Comprehensive’ range of competition Motocross and Enduro motorcycles. Focusing on making competition MX and Enduro machinery brings a full Triumph race program aiming at taking the crown in the… Read More »Triumph Motorcycles announces new off-road product ranges!
- New KTM RC8C, orange track-ready beast!We have been asking KTM for years now to make a road-going sportsbike. You know take the wealth of experience and knowledge gained from the MotoGP project and make something road legal (and orange) to slay the likes of the Ducati V4S, the Yamaha R1… Read More »New KTM RC8C, orange track-ready beast!
- Short: Allen Millyard’s V10 Viper powered motorcycleDigging through the archives has provided some footage captured for the Pagent of Power, of Allen’s V10 Dodge Viper powered motorcycle. Effectively his take on the Dodge Tomahawk, except road legal and frequently ridden. The Dodge Viper V10 engine produces 500bhp, with Allen declaring a… Read More »Short: Allen Millyard’s V10 Viper powered motorcycle
- Warwick Moto unveil ‘Frontier’ electric motorcycle with support from NortonA group of 13 students from WMG, University of Warwick, and leading academics, engineers, and researchers have developed a new cutting-edge electric motorcycle. The Frontier has been developed, and the latest version runs a modified Norton frame and a first of its kind immersion-cooled battery… Read More »Warwick Moto unveil ‘Frontier’ electric motorcycle with support from Norton