What better bike to celebrate the guy who won three world titles on a Twin-cylinder Ducati than creating a new special edition model. Much like the Fogarty V4 released a few years ago, (*shrugs* yes he also won on Twins), but this time Troy Bayliss gets the special treatment. Celebrating 20 years since Troy’s last championship, and in the year of his magic number, ’21’ is a new numbered series of V2 models.
Iconic paintjob on the new V2
Bayliss and Ducati are successful pairings, within racing. 52 wines, 94 podiums three world titles and three twin-cylinder Ducati bikes, the 996R, the 999R and the 1098R. Not only World superbike, but Bayliss is also the only rider to win in Moto GP and World Superbike in the same season and is a true Aussie Icon.
The natural selection of bike would be the Panigale V2, with its Twin-cylinder layout. Ducati has given it a special livery inspired by the paint job on the 996R from the 2001 season. Ducati red, green and white, with Bayliss’ race number and the iconic shell logo give a modern replica paint recreation. With an autographed fuel tank graphics too.
Ramping up over the standard spec V2, the Bayliss model gains Ohlins NX30 forks and a TTX36 rear shock, to make the performance match the looks. The model also gains an adjustable steering damper. Lithium-Ion battery and single-seat configuration (without pillion seat, foot and grab rests) add to the race styling like the original bike, but also save 3kg of weight, in the words of a well-known supermarket, every little helps.
It’s not as though the V2 needs the help, the entry-level Sportsbike and entry to the Panigale family make 155hp from its 955cc V-Twin engine. Sharing a similar frame to its bigger brother V4, and coming with a huge selection of electronic aids like traction control and wheelie control to name a few.
Unveiling the Bayliss anniversary bike, at the Ducati world premiere online, filmed at the Ducati museum, on track and with Troy back in Australia. Featuring Ducati CEO Claudio Domenicali, Ducati team manager Davide Tardozzi who helped Troy throughout his career
The bike will be available in dealers from October 2021 with a price of £18,000.
- Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touringIf there’s one thing we’ve learnt throughout and after lockdown, it’s to get out more and enjoy what you want to do. This gave Gary and John the idea, of getting bikers together, and showing them the best… Read More »Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touring
- The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?British roads are terrible, ok correction, the British road surface are terrible. It would be wrong to call the actual roads themselves bad because we are privileged to have some absolute gems stashed around the UK. For me,… Read More »The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?
- New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!Pirelli celebrates its 150th birthday, and as part, they are releasing a new line of one of their best selling and performing tyre groups; the Diablo Rosso. The new Diablo Rosso Corsa, sees a higher grip even faster… Read More »New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!
- Is Yamaha working on a new sportsbike for 2022?Over the past few years, with the CV-19 pandemic and spiralling costs, firms want to get the most reward from R&D costs; at first, I thought it was to keep things simple, but it also makes excellent business… Read More »Is Yamaha working on a new sportsbike for 2022?
- BeMoto Insurance giving away Panigale V4S!Motorcycle insurance specialist BeMoto has announced the launch of the new BeLotto competition, to win a Ducati Panigale V4S complete with a full selection of other prizes totalling over £10,000, in this free to enter competition. BeMoto insurance… Read More »BeMoto Insurance giving away Panigale V4S!