It would be nice to think that the government is helping reduce congestion, and increase efficiency by encouraging people to take two wheels instead of four by making two-wheelers exempt from the ULEZ charge. However, while some bikes emissions do make them exempt from the charge, others will not be. Generally speaking motorcycle Euro 3 or after should be ULEZ exempt, (usually anything 2007 onwards) should be free. Otherwise, the charge for motorcycles is 12.50 (the same rate as a car) and the ULEZ penalty of £160, which reduces to £80 if paid within 14 days. The charge is in force 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with only Christmas day as an exemption.
Bikes manufactured before 1973 will be ULEZ exempt according to the ULEZ discounts and exemptions page, So if you really want to parade a two-stroke through the city, best to go pre ’73! If unsure you can use the TFL checking tool here.
In terms of biking locations, the popular Ace cafe is not in the ULEZ zone under the latest expansion, but The Bike Shed, is in the ULEZ zone, so you may be charged for visiting from outside the ULEZ zone.
- Ben’s training log week 1.Weekly Stats: Rides: 2 Time trial (12km long) Negative Split and Zone 2 recovery (8km)Runs: 2 (Couch to 5k week 2, run 1 and week 1 run 3)Other activities: Indoor Bouldering & Rock Climbing I’m not the fastest out there,… Read More »Ben’s training log week 1.
- Duathlon Traning log #1If you follow us on Twitter, you’ll see that I’ve signed up to do the Darley more Sprint Duathlon at the end of September, raising funds for Luke’s Legacy- Docbike Staffordshire. On a whim, I’ve always wanted to do a… Read More »Duathlon Traning log #1
- Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touringIf there’s one thing we’ve learnt throughout and after lockdown, it’s to get out more and enjoy what you want to do. This gave Gary and John the idea, of getting bikers together, and showing them the best roads they… Read More »Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touring
- The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?British roads are terrible, ok correction, the British road surface are terrible. It would be wrong to call the actual roads themselves bad because we are privileged to have some absolute gems stashed around the UK. For me, the issues… Read More »The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?
- New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!Pirelli celebrates its 150th birthday, and as part, they are releasing a new line of one of their best selling and performing tyre groups; the Diablo Rosso. The new Diablo Rosso Corsa, sees a higher grip even faster road-focused tyre… Read More »New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!