World leader in global helmet communications Sena has announced two additional units into the product range for 2021. Both new additions see the entry-level 3S get a makeover with the Sena 3S Plus Boom and Sena 3S Plus universal models.
The two new units have been updated to Bluetooth 4.1, which delivers High Definition intercoms, voice prompts, smart pairing and a larger range all of which works through the Sena app.
The names are pretty self-explanatory with the 3S Plus Boom having a boom microphone with controls on the boom itself, ideal for open face helmets. The 3S Plus Universal has a separate controller which attaches to the shell of the helmet, suitable for any helmet, much like a conventional Sena system.
Sena 3S gives HD sound
Both new models operate with a two-button method where each button can control multiple functions. Talking range has been raised to 400m (Quarter of a mile) and an inbuilt Advanced Noise Control actively filters bad noise, like wind and engine noise for increased sound clarity. Both headsets support smartphone connectivity which allows the user to take phone calls, use voice prompts and turn buy turn sat navigation through the users phone. Music can also be streamed from the phone through this system.
The Sena app, allows easy pairing between units, and provides an easy way to change settings and configure your own device. Other units can be quickly paired through a QR code within the app.
The two new units are now available, find a dealer here. Prices for both are £99 which is quite the bargain for a Sena quality product!
- Petronas Sepang Racing Team 2021 launchThe fairytale Moto GP team? MotoGP’s youngest team have enjoyed some incredible success in their first 2 years; from netting multiple front-row starts in qualifying, the youngest pole-sitter in MotoGP history, as well, twice achieving best independent team status. Last year the team took 6 race wins between both their riders. Factory Yamaha unveil their… Read More »Petronas Sepang Racing Team 2021 launch
- Manufacturers form removable battery consortiumYamaha, Honda, KTM and Piaggio group (Piaggio, Vespa, Gilera, Aprilia, Moto Guzzi, Derbi, and Scarabeo) have joined together to form a removable battery for light electric vehicles. Removable batteries for two-wheeled vehicles have often been touted to answer poor range and long charging times. Could a power bank of batteries all charged/charging help the current… Read More »Manufacturers form removable battery consortium
- Moto GP Pramac launch: New and Improved?Ducati’s satellite team, Pramac Racing, has produced some incredible talent in past years. Alex Barros, Andrea Iannone, Danilo Petrucci and the new Factory Ducati riders, Jack Miller and Francesco ‘Pecco’ Bagnaia. The Pramac team will be entering into their 20th year in the Moto GP and have unveiled a livery that is reminiscent of its… Read More »Moto GP Pramac launch: New and Improved?
- Harley Davidson Pan America – A new direction?Cast your mind back a few years, and it seemed like Harley Davidson was actually thinking of change. Two concepts were put forward; one dubbed the Pan America and the other The Bronx. One project went very cold; the other has come to fruition. Much like other brands, the new release wasn’t kept a secret… Read More »Harley Davidson Pan America – A new direction?
- Repsol Honda: What does the future hold?The Repsol Honda team have unveiled their 2021 Moto GP team. To the surprise of no one, it’s with the same livery and bike as they showcased last year – and indeed as it has been for the last 15. In fairness to them, why fix what isn’t broken? MotoGP’s most successful manufacturer certainly doesn’t… Read More »Repsol Honda: What does the future hold?