World leader in global helmet communications Sena has announced two additional units into the product range for 2021. Both new additions see the entry-level 3S get a makeover with the Sena 3S Plus Boom and Sena 3S Plus universal models.
The two new units have been updated to Bluetooth 4.1, which delivers High Definition intercoms, voice prompts, smart pairing and a larger range all of which works through the Sena app.
The names are pretty self-explanatory with the 3S Plus Boom having a boom microphone with controls on the boom itself, ideal for open face helmets. The 3S Plus Universal has a separate controller which attaches to the shell of the helmet, suitable for any helmet, much like a conventional Sena system.
Sena 3S gives HD sound
Both new models operate with a two-button method where each button can control multiple functions. Talking range has been raised to 400m (Quarter of a mile) and an inbuilt Advanced Noise Control actively filters bad noise, like wind and engine noise for increased sound clarity. Both headsets support smartphone connectivity which allows the user to take phone calls, use voice prompts and turn buy turn sat navigation through the users phone. Music can also be streamed from the phone through this system.
The Sena app, allows easy pairing between units, and provides an easy way to change settings and configure your own device. Other units can be quickly paired through a QR code within the app.
The two new units are now available, find a dealer here. Prices for both are £99 which is quite the bargain for a Sena quality product!
- Ben’s training log week 1.Weekly Stats: Rides: 2 Time trial (12km long) Negative Split and Zone 2 recovery (8km)Runs: 2 (Couch to 5k week 2, run 1 and week 1 run 3)Other activities: Indoor Bouldering & Rock Climbing I’m not the fastest out there, and I know it, but there’s time. That’s the best bit. Being a scientist, I’m… Read More »Ben’s training log week 1.
- Duathlon Traning log #1If you follow us on Twitter, you’ll see that I’ve signed up to do the Darley more Sprint Duathlon at the end of September, raising funds for Luke’s Legacy- Docbike Staffordshire. On a whim, I’ve always wanted to do a Triathlon, but it’s not something you just go and do, so entering a Duathlon gave… Read More »Duathlon Traning log #1
- Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touringIf there’s one thing we’ve learnt throughout and after lockdown, it’s to get out more and enjoy what you want to do. This gave Gary and John the idea, of getting bikers together, and showing them the best roads they know, combining that with tours to the best local attractions, eating the best local food,… Read More »Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touring
- The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?British roads are terrible, ok correction, the British road surface are terrible. It would be wrong to call the actual roads themselves bad because we are privileged to have some absolute gems stashed around the UK. For me, the issues lie with the state of the tarmac and it seems to be getting worse every… Read More »The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?
- New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!Pirelli celebrates its 150th birthday, and as part, they are releasing a new line of one of their best selling and performing tyre groups; the Diablo Rosso. The new Diablo Rosso Corsa, sees a higher grip even faster road-focused tyre than the Diablo Rosso 4, using Bi-Compound construction on both front and rear tyres, with… Read More »New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!