Today Triumph announced that the My Triumph connectivity system will be available for previous-generation models. From the 21st of December 2020. Triumph’s connectivity module includes turn by turn navigation from Google, the GoPro control system, music and phone operation and lastly monitoring of bike status.
Fitment includes the 2017-2019 Street Triple RS & R, and 2018-2019 Tiger 800 XRX, XCX, XRT, XCA models. Basically, if you have a TFT screen, chances are you can upgrade. Triumph says there will be a retro-fitment option for Speed Triple and Tiger 1200 models in 2021.
Back to the dealer for the upgrade!
Triumph hasn’t released a price for the upgrade, however, we believe the screens are the same so we would guess it is a module replacement and software update. This is a £210 accessory, plus dealer fitting price, so it’s a possibility it will be along with the same price.
The new upgrade gives turn by turn navigation through Google maps, the first partnership between Google and a motorcycle manufacturer. Providing live navigation through the TFT display, via Bluetooth phone connectivity. The system runs through the My Triumph app, which also has built-in What3words functionality.
Pairing also provides phone and music operation allowing the operations to be carried out on the user’s smartphone. Make and receive calls, view text messages and controlling music can be operated through the TFT system, and switchgear.
- How much does a Euro trackday really cost?Motorcycling isn’t a cheap hobby, regardless of what aspect you do. From riding on the road to track days, Motocross, trials, or even just watching, it takes a lot of hard-earned to get started. With the rapidly worsening road conditions, decreasing… Read More »How much does a Euro trackday really cost?
- WMC250EV continues on track to take electric speed record!It’s infrequent yet refreshing these days to find somebody straying from the norm and doing different, going off at tangents to everybody else, with a similar target in mind, radically thinking outside the box, for a new way to hit the… Read More »WMC250EV continues on track to take electric speed record!
- Triumph motorcycles releases Speed Triple 1200RR: The most technically advanced Speed Triple yet!Since teaser images were released a few weeks ago, we knew Triumph was working on something sportier, with most hoping for a fully-faired Superbike slayer from the British firm. The teaser images showed a new sportier-looking front end and seat cowl… Read More »Triumph motorcycles releases Speed Triple 1200RR: The most technically advanced Speed Triple yet!
- Triumph backs the struggling hospitality industry in new ‘Ride out to help out campaign.’The Covid-19 pandemic has hit the hospitality industry hard, with many restaurants, pubs and other biker meeting places and food outlets being forced to close. Triumph has decided to launch their own version of ‘Eat Out to Help Out’, dubbed ‘… Read More »Triumph backs the struggling hospitality industry in new ‘Ride out to help out campaign.’
- What is E10 fuel and can I use E10 in my bike?Dubbed the biggest change to petrol forecourts since 4star was dropped back in 2000, the new E10 (10% ethanol) petrol grade could have a huge impact to all motorists. We all use petrol (bar electric bikers), and with petrol making up… Read More »What is E10 fuel and can I use E10 in my bike?