Today Triumph announced that the My Triumph connectivity system will be available for previous-generation models. From the 21st of December 2020. Triumph’s connectivity module includes turn by turn navigation from Google, the GoPro control system, music and phone operation and lastly monitoring of bike status.
Fitment includes the 2017-2019 Street Triple RS & R, and 2018-2019 Tiger 800 XRX, XCX, XRT, XCA models. Basically, if you have a TFT screen, chances are you can upgrade. Triumph says there will be a retro-fitment option for Speed Triple and Tiger 1200 models in 2021.
Back to the dealer for the upgrade!
Triumph hasn’t released a price for the upgrade, however, we believe the screens are the same so we would guess it is a module replacement and software update. This is a £210 accessory, plus dealer fitting price, so it’s a possibility it will be along with the same price.
The new upgrade gives turn by turn navigation through Google maps, the first partnership between Google and a motorcycle manufacturer. Providing live navigation through the TFT display, via Bluetooth phone connectivity. The system runs through the My Triumph app, which also has built-in What3words functionality.
Pairing also provides phone and music operation allowing the operations to be carried out on the user’s smartphone. Make and receive calls, view text messages and controlling music can be operated through the TFT system, and switchgear.
- Aprilia releases new RSV4 and Tuono V4In the past 6 months, we have been spoilt rotten by Aprilia. Firstly we get the brand new RS660, which bodes a great new spec and price for a middleweight sportbike, proving that smaller cc sports bikes are not dead. By all accounts, sales of the new RS660 have been sublime with orders flooding in.… Read More »Aprilia releases new RSV4 and Tuono V4
- The ultimate Ducati collection for sale?It’s common to see individual rare bikes popping up for sale. We saw a Desmo for sale just before Christmas on the Ultimate Christmas gift guide, but it is uncommon to see a full collection for sale. Listed up on eBay has been a collection of four Ducati bikes including a Desmo, 1299 Superleggera, and… Read More »The ultimate Ducati collection for sale?
- New for 2021: Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber and RoamerBuilding on the successful V85TT, Moto Guzzi has announced new V9 models: Roamer and Bobber. The Moto Guzzi V9 features a brand new 850cc engine making 65 horsepower and 72Nm of torque. The new bike features an evolved chassis which Moto Guzzi says ‘increase the pleasure and excitement of riding’. Guzzi’s range might be small… Read More »New for 2021: Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber and Roamer
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso 4 tyres -New for 2021!Selling five million of anything is good going, if it were an album it would be multi-platinum and widely celebrated. Why so different for tyres? Pirelli sees in 2021 with the news that the Diablo Rosso series has sold over 5 million since introduction to market in 2008. The new for 2021 Diablo Rosso 4… Read More »Pirelli Diablo Rosso 4 tyres -New for 2021!
- Aprilia debuts the new Tuono 660With Aprilia releasing the new RS660 last year, and the Moto GP squad riding it around the Misano circuit, Journalists raved about the new baby RSV4. With Aprilia developing the new 660 powerplant, it was only expected that a new baby 660 Tuono was on the cards too. The popular Tuono has been a staple… Read More »Aprilia debuts the new Tuono 660