Today Triumph announced that the My Triumph connectivity system will be available for previous-generation models. From the 21st of December 2020. Triumph’s connectivity module includes turn by turn navigation from Google, the GoPro control system, music and phone operation and lastly monitoring of bike status.
Fitment includes the 2017-2019 Street Triple RS & R, and 2018-2019 Tiger 800 XRX, XCX, XRT, XCA models. Basically, if you have a TFT screen, chances are you can upgrade. Triumph says there will be a retro-fitment option for Speed Triple and Tiger 1200 models in 2021.
Back to the dealer for the upgrade!
Triumph hasn’t released a price for the upgrade, however, we believe the screens are the same so we would guess it is a module replacement and software update. This is a £210 accessory, plus dealer fitting price, so it’s a possibility it will be along with the same price.
The new upgrade gives turn by turn navigation through Google maps, the first partnership between Google and a motorcycle manufacturer. Providing live navigation through the TFT display, via Bluetooth phone connectivity. The system runs through the My Triumph app, which also has built-in What3words functionality.
Pairing also provides phone and music operation allowing the operations to be carried out on the user’s smartphone. Make and receive calls, view text messages and controlling music can be operated through the TFT system, and switchgear.
- Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touringIf there’s one thing we’ve learnt throughout and after lockdown, it’s to get out more and enjoy what you want to do. This gave Gary and John the idea, of getting bikers together, and showing them the best roads they know,… Read More »Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touring
- The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?British roads are terrible, ok correction, the British road surface are terrible. It would be wrong to call the actual roads themselves bad because we are privileged to have some absolute gems stashed around the UK. For me, the issues lie… Read More »The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?
- New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!Pirelli celebrates its 150th birthday, and as part, they are releasing a new line of one of their best selling and performing tyre groups; the Diablo Rosso. The new Diablo Rosso Corsa, sees a higher grip even faster road-focused tyre than… Read More »New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!
- Is Yamaha working on a new sportsbike for 2022?Over the past few years, with the CV-19 pandemic and spiralling costs, firms want to get the most reward from R&D costs; at first, I thought it was to keep things simple, but it also makes excellent business sense. This process… Read More »Is Yamaha working on a new sportsbike for 2022?
- BeMoto Insurance giving away Panigale V4S!Motorcycle insurance specialist BeMoto has announced the launch of the new BeLotto competition, to win a Ducati Panigale V4S complete with a full selection of other prizes totalling over £10,000, in this free to enter competition. BeMoto insurance are relatively new,… Read More »BeMoto Insurance giving away Panigale V4S!