Today Triumph announced that the My Triumph connectivity system will be available for previous-generation models. From the 21st of December 2020. Triumph’s connectivity module includes turn by turn navigation from Google, the GoPro control system, music and phone operation and lastly monitoring of bike status.
Fitment includes the 2017-2019 Street Triple RS & R, and 2018-2019 Tiger 800 XRX, XCX, XRT, XCA models. Basically, if you have a TFT screen, chances are you can upgrade. Triumph says there will be a retro-fitment option for Speed Triple and Tiger 1200 models in 2021.
Back to the dealer for the upgrade!
Triumph hasn’t released a price for the upgrade, however, we believe the screens are the same so we would guess it is a module replacement and software update. This is a £210 accessory, plus dealer fitting price, so it’s a possibility it will be along with the same price.
The new upgrade gives turn by turn navigation through Google maps, the first partnership between Google and a motorcycle manufacturer. Providing live navigation through the TFT display, via Bluetooth phone connectivity. The system runs through the My Triumph app, which also has built-in What3words functionality.
Pairing also provides phone and music operation allowing the operations to be carried out on the user’s smartphone. Make and receive calls, view text messages and controlling music can be operated through the TFT system, and switchgear.
- Qatar vs Doha: Winners and Losers of the Opening Double HeaderIt’s race week! Soon we will be revisiting the rollercoaster at Portimao, and even more exciting: the King is coming back! Yes, Marc Marquez has been declared fit to race this week and Friday will be the very first time he’s seen on his beloved RC213V since that traumatic crash in the opening round of… Read More »Qatar vs Doha: Winners and Losers of the Opening Double Header
- Marc Marquez set for 2021 Portimão returnIt’s been weird without him, but four months on from his latest surgery Marc Marquez has been cleared by doctors, ready for his Moto GP return. His incident at the Jerez season opener in 2020, lead to suffering from an infected pseudoarthrosis of the right humerus (infected fusion site, right upper arm), after multiple surgeries which… Read More »Marc Marquez set for 2021 Portimão return
- KTM’s Superduke RR sold out in 48 minutesAre you one of the lucky 500 who managed to bag a KTM Superduke RR pre-order? Probably not, but the ultra-limited edition Superduke RR comes as the new, flagship model hooligan bike for the street. KTM opened up the online portal for pre-orders, for the first come first served style registration, and also offered the… Read More »KTM’s Superduke RR sold out in 48 minutes
- Suzuki drops GSXS1000 Teaser Wings and BlingI liked the GSXF1000, basically the same as the GSXS just with more a bit more fairing. I had one for a few days not so long ago, and even in the short period of time I had it, it came across as a great bike. The weather was freezing, and wet, during winter the… Read More »Suzuki drops GSXS1000 Teaser Wings and Bling
- KTM 1290 Superduke RR: Road legal track bikeIt’s not uncommon for manufacturers to produce limited quantity special edition bikes, Aprilia did it with the ‘X’ Bikes, MV Agusta does it, Ducati makes limited-edition versions with the Lamborgini collaboration on the Diavel the latest. These models which sell out quickly and at an increased price must keep the accountants happy, allowing the engineers… Read More »KTM 1290 Superduke RR: Road legal track bike