Remember the 2018 race of champions where Ducati pitted, 12 Ducati Corse riders and legends against each other at World Ducati Week at Misano? After the race, which Michele Pirro won ahead of Tito Rabat, the bikes were auctioned off, on eBay with prices varying from £35,500 and £55,500. Ducati legend Troy Bayliss’ machine eventually sold for £107,000.
Now, Jorge Lorenzo’s machine has come up for sale with an eye-watering £150,000 price tag. The bike features Jorge’s race number 99, in the factory Ducati Corse colour scheme, signed by the rider, with proof of authenticity from Ducati themselves.
The seller says the bike is in the exact condition as when it finished the race, including the same tyres. Including the specialist paint job the V4S comes with a unique VIN ending in 999, and the Akrapovic exhaust. Delivery is not included in the £150,000 price, you have to pick it up from the Czech Republic too!
- How much does a Euro trackday really cost?Motorcycling isn’t a cheap hobby, regardless of what aspect you do. From riding on the road to track days, Motocross, trials, or even just watching, it takes a lot of hard-earned to get started. With the rapidly worsening road conditions, decreasing speed limits, dashcam heroes and standards of driving these days, it’s not uncommon for… Read More »How much does a Euro trackday really cost?
- WMC250EV continues on track to take electric speed record!It’s infrequent yet refreshing these days to find somebody straying from the norm and doing different, going off at tangents to everybody else, with a similar target in mind, radically thinking outside the box, for a new way to hit the same target. Ironically, I found one such example at MotoGP 2021 Silverstone with the… Read More »WMC250EV continues on track to take electric speed record!
- Triumph motorcycles releases Speed Triple 1200RR: The most technically advanced Speed Triple yet!Since teaser images were released a few weeks ago, we knew Triumph was working on something sportier, with most hoping for a fully-faired Superbike slayer from the British firm. The teaser images showed a new sportier-looking front end and seat cowl but strategically hid the sides and fairings, getting sportsbike fans rather hot under the… Read More »Triumph motorcycles releases Speed Triple 1200RR: The most technically advanced Speed Triple yet!
- Triumph backs the struggling hospitality industry in new ‘Ride out to help out campaign.’The Covid-19 pandemic has hit the hospitality industry hard, with many restaurants, pubs and other biker meeting places and food outlets being forced to close. Triumph has decided to launch their own version of ‘Eat Out to Help Out’, dubbed ‘ Ride Out to Help Out’, original. The campaign encourages bikers to get out and… Read More »Triumph backs the struggling hospitality industry in new ‘Ride out to help out campaign.’
- What is E10 fuel and can I use E10 in my bike?Dubbed the biggest change to petrol forecourts since 4star was dropped back in 2000, the new E10 (10% ethanol) petrol grade could have a huge impact to all motorists. We all use petrol (bar electric bikers), and with petrol making up most fuel types (electric and cake powered after running out of petrol), all of… Read More »What is E10 fuel and can I use E10 in my bike?