DocBike is a UK charity which looks to place highly trained doctors or critical care paramedics on highly manoeuvrable and fully equipped motorcycles, aiming to the skills and equipment needed on the scene of an accident as quickly as possible. This initiative is spreading across the UK with more and more counties making progress into getting DocBikes and riders ready. The charity is concerned however with the rise of fatalities and serious injuries to motorcyclists in spring and summer months, possibly due to more bikers riding, and a lack of skills due to less use over winter. For 2021 DocBike are concerned numbers will be even higher due to the lockdown months the UK has seen.
Many charities and authorities install signs like the ‘Think Bike!’ signs making other road users aware of motorcycles, but this also gives us motorcyclists a warning that often we are ignored and make ourselves visible. For 2021 DocBike has been given the opportunity to put together sign designs that using evidence, research and expertise. DocBike have designed the signs but are looking for feedback on the designs using this survey. This survey is designed for all road users, not just motorcyclists to establish a greater picture, and to get the best message across, to all road users.
- Ben’s training log week 1.Weekly Stats: Rides: 2 Time trial (12km long) Negative Split and Zone 2 recovery (8km)Runs: 2 (Couch to 5k week 2, run 1 and week 1 run 3)Other activities: Indoor Bouldering & Rock Climbing I’m not the fastest out there, and I know it, but there’s time. That’s the best bit. Being a scientist, I’m… Read More »Ben’s training log week 1.
- Duathlon Traning log #1If you follow us on Twitter, you’ll see that I’ve signed up to do the Darley more Sprint Duathlon at the end of September, raising funds for Luke’s Legacy- Docbike Staffordshire. On a whim, I’ve always wanted to do a Triathlon, but it’s not something you just go and do, so entering a Duathlon gave… Read More »Duathlon Traning log #1
- Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touringIf there’s one thing we’ve learnt throughout and after lockdown, it’s to get out more and enjoy what you want to do. This gave Gary and John the idea, of getting bikers together, and showing them the best roads they know, combining that with tours to the best local attractions, eating the best local food,… Read More »Queensferry Moto Routes – A new take on motorcycle touring
- The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?British roads are terrible, ok correction, the British road surface are terrible. It would be wrong to call the actual roads themselves bad because we are privileged to have some absolute gems stashed around the UK. For me, the issues lie with the state of the tarmac and it seems to be getting worse every… Read More »The roads are rubbish, but it’s still fun..right?
- New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!Pirelli celebrates its 150th birthday, and as part, they are releasing a new line of one of their best selling and performing tyre groups; the Diablo Rosso. The new Diablo Rosso Corsa, sees a higher grip even faster road-focused tyre than the Diablo Rosso 4, using Bi-Compound construction on both front and rear tyres, with… Read More »New Diablo Rosso 4 Corsa motorcycle tyre!