DocBike is a UK charity which looks to place highly trained doctors or critical care paramedics on highly manoeuvrable and fully equipped motorcycles, aiming to the skills and equipment needed on the scene of an accident as quickly as possible. This initiative is spreading across the UK with more and more counties making progress into getting DocBikes and riders ready. The charity is concerned however with the rise of fatalities and serious injuries to motorcyclists in spring and summer months, possibly due to more bikers riding, and a lack of skills due to less use over winter. For 2021 DocBike are concerned numbers will be even higher due to the lockdown months the UK has seen.
Many charities and authorities install signs like the ‘Think Bike!’ signs making other road users aware of motorcycles, but this also gives us motorcyclists a warning that often we are ignored and make ourselves visible. For 2021 DocBike has been given the opportunity to put together sign designs that using evidence, research and expertise. DocBike have designed the signs but are looking for feedback on the designs using this survey. This survey is designed for all road users, not just motorcyclists to establish a greater picture, and to get the best message across, to all road users.
- How much does a Euro trackday really cost?Motorcycling isn’t a cheap hobby, regardless of what aspect you do. From riding on the road to track days, Motocross, trials, or even just watching, it takes a lot of hard-earned to get started. With the rapidly worsening road conditions, decreasing speed limits, dashcam heroes and standards of driving these days, it’s not uncommon for… Read More »How much does a Euro trackday really cost?
- WMC250EV continues on track to take electric speed record!It’s infrequent yet refreshing these days to find somebody straying from the norm and doing different, going off at tangents to everybody else, with a similar target in mind, radically thinking outside the box, for a new way to hit the same target. Ironically, I found one such example at MotoGP 2021 Silverstone with the… Read More »WMC250EV continues on track to take electric speed record!
- Triumph motorcycles releases Speed Triple 1200RR: The most technically advanced Speed Triple yet!Since teaser images were released a few weeks ago, we knew Triumph was working on something sportier, with most hoping for a fully-faired Superbike slayer from the British firm. The teaser images showed a new sportier-looking front end and seat cowl but strategically hid the sides and fairings, getting sportsbike fans rather hot under the… Read More »Triumph motorcycles releases Speed Triple 1200RR: The most technically advanced Speed Triple yet!
- Triumph backs the struggling hospitality industry in new ‘Ride out to help out campaign.’The Covid-19 pandemic has hit the hospitality industry hard, with many restaurants, pubs and other biker meeting places and food outlets being forced to close. Triumph has decided to launch their own version of ‘Eat Out to Help Out’, dubbed ‘ Ride Out to Help Out’, original. The campaign encourages bikers to get out and… Read More »Triumph backs the struggling hospitality industry in new ‘Ride out to help out campaign.’
- What is E10 fuel and can I use E10 in my bike?Dubbed the biggest change to petrol forecourts since 4star was dropped back in 2000, the new E10 (10% ethanol) petrol grade could have a huge impact to all motorists. We all use petrol (bar electric bikers), and with petrol making up most fuel types (electric and cake powered after running out of petrol), all of… Read More »What is E10 fuel and can I use E10 in my bike?