DocBike is a UK charity which looks to place highly trained doctors or critical care paramedics on highly manoeuvrable and fully equipped motorcycles, aiming to the skills and equipment needed on the scene of an accident as quickly as possible. This initiative is spreading across the UK with more and more counties making progress into getting DocBikes and riders ready. The charity is concerned however with the rise of fatalities and serious injuries to motorcyclists in spring and summer months, possibly due to more bikers riding, and a lack of skills due to less use over winter. For 2021 DocBike are concerned numbers will be even higher due to the lockdown months the UK has seen.
Many charities and authorities install signs like the ‘Think Bike!’ signs making other road users aware of motorcycles, but this also gives us motorcyclists a warning that often we are ignored and make ourselves visible. For 2021 DocBike has been given the opportunity to put together sign designs that using evidence, research and expertise. DocBike have designed the signs but are looking for feedback on the designs using this survey. This survey is designed for all road users, not just motorcyclists to establish a greater picture, and to get the best message across, to all road users.
- 2021’s best bikesThe start of 2021 has been pretty pants. Crap weather, lockdowns, and poor supply of everything from clothing to bike parts has put a downer on the year. That being said, it has been a great start to 2021 for bike sales. The MCIA reports a massive hike in new bike registrations. I’ve decided to… Read More »2021’s best bikes
- Moto GP21 Game review: is it an improvement?We have been playing the Milestone series of Motogp games since its first iteration in 2013. After playing far too much of the previous entries and collecting all achievements for every Motogp game released from the Italian developer, it’s time to do it all again with Motogp 21. I’m sure you all fed up with… Read More »Moto GP21 Game review: is it an improvement?
- What is the best motorcycle camera?Motorcycle cameras can be split up into two types: fixed to the bike or fixed to the rider. Both of these systems carry pros and cons. Systems fixed to the bike can normally be hardwired into the bikes power supply, leaving no issue for battery life whilst in use. Still, these will only record while… Read More »What is the best motorcycle camera?
- Viva Miller: The Story of Sunday’s Spanish GPBy now the dust has settled and the sun has set on one of the most iconic tracks MotoGP ever go to – Circuito de Jerez – and oh wow, did it produce yet another stunner of a race. The MotoGP race looked decidedly set to give Fabio Quartararo his first hat trick of wins… Read More »Viva Miller: The Story of Sunday’s Spanish GP
- Will Valentino Rossi retire in 2021?It sounded like a match made in heaven. One of the greatest and most popular riders in Moto GP history, paired with an underdog team, ruffled the big guns’ feathers in 2020. Adding factory Yamaha machinery, with one of his VR46 academy prodigy in Franco Morbidelli as his teammate. The stuff of dreams for a… Read More »Will Valentino Rossi retire in 2021?